Safari in Malawi that includes Visiting Lake MalawiOctober 13, 2023
Fly to Bujumbura and trek Gorillas in Congo and UgandaOctober 13, 2023
Burundi, often referred to as the “Heart of Africa,” is a small yet culturally rich and scenically beautiful country, here is a glimpse of What to expect on a Safari in Burundi:
- Stunning Landscapes: Burundi is known for its picturesque landscapes. From the rolling hills to the scenic shores of Lake Tanganyika, the country offers breathtaking views.
- Warm Hospitality: Burundians are known for their friendliness and hospitality. Expect warm smiles and a welcoming atmosphere as you explore the local communities.
- Cultural Diversity: Despite its small size, Burundi is culturally diverse with a mix of ethnic groups. You’ll have the opportunity to experience different traditions, dances, and cuisines.
- Lake Tanganyika: This is one of the largest and deepest freshwater lakes in the world. It offers opportunities for water activities, such as swimming, fishing, and boat rides. The lakeside towns provide a serene and relaxing atmosphere.
- Historical Sites: Visit the Gitega National Museum to explore Burundi’s history and culture. The museum showcases traditional artifacts, archaeological finds, and exhibits on the country’s colonial past.
- Bujumbura: The capital city has a vibrant atmosphere with lively markets, restaurants, and nightlife. Explore the Independence Monument, the Central Market, and enjoy the local cuisine.
- Wildlife: Burundi is home to various wildlife reserves. Kibira National Park, for example, is known for its diverse flora and fauna, including primates and numerous bird species.
- Traditional Drumming and Dance: Music and dance are integral parts of Burundian culture. Don’t miss the chance to witness traditional drumming performances, which are an essential aspect of their cultural heritage.
- Coffee Plantations: Burundi is a significant producer of high-quality coffee. Take a tour of coffee plantations to learn about the cultivation and processing of coffee beans.
- Peaceful Atmosphere: Despite its history of political challenges, Burundi has made strides in recent years towards peace and stability. You can experience a sense of tranquility in the serene landscapes and the positive energy of the people.
What to expect on a Safari in Burundi? Our Burundi day trips and tours and wildlife safaris are tailor-made and well-crafted to entirely suit your needs and budget. All our Safari packages are all inclusive of best affordable accommodation properties, 4×4 customized Safari vehicles with pop-up roof for your comfort travel and amazing wildlife viewing on your holiday as well as services of a well experienced driver guide, these as well can be customized to match your interests. Eco Adventure Safaris is one of the best ecotourism operators in Africa and with our great experience in organizing amazing tours we are able to offer you the best that African Safaris have to offer while preserving the biodiversity for future generations.
Rusizi National Park
Rusizi National Park is located 15km north of Bujumbura city near Rusizi River just a few kilometers to the border with DR Congo. Rusizi National Park is home to hippopotamuses, statungas and Nile crocodiles among the major wildlife to see in this park.
Ruvubu National Park
Ruvubu National Park is the largest National Park in Burundi covering 508 sqkm. It is located in the Eastern part of Burundi within the provinces of Karuzi, Cankuzo, Ruyigi and Muyinga. Rubuvu National Park is another great place to see wildlife in Burundi. Rubvubu National Park is home to a number of wildlife species and the most notable ones to see include hippos, Cape Buffaloes, Nile crocodile, waterbucks, duiker species, Leopards, Lions and primates which include olive baboons, vervt monkesy, red colobus monkesy, blue monkeys and Senegal bushbaby.
Kibira National Park
Kibira National Park also known as Parc national de kibira in French is located in the northwestern part of Burundi. The park lies along the mountains of the Congo-Nile Divide extending from the provincial town of Muramvya to the border of Rwanda near the Nyungwe Forest National Park. Kibira National Park is home to a variety of habitats ranging from areas of montane bog and bamboo stands to open grasslands creating a safe habitat to various wildlife species and plant species. There are 98 species of mammals, 200 species of birds have been recorded and a total of 644 plant species great to see on your safari in Kibira National Park Burundi.
Kigwena Natural Reserve
Kigwena Forest Nature Reserve is located in the south Wesetern Burundi near Lake Tanganyika. The reserve has a variety of vegetation species ranging from Terminalia superba, Elaies guineensis and Albizia zygia among others. Kigwena Natural Reserve is made up of Kigwena forest which is a peri-Guinean forest like the Congo Basin forest. Kigwena Forest Natural Reserve is home to 97 species of mammals including large groups of monkeys and baboons making a great place to see primates in Burundi. The reserve is also home to Hippos and snakes including Python sebae, Naja melanoleuca, Thelotornis capensis, and many species of butterflies.
What to expect on a Safari in Burundi
Gitega is home to Burindi’s National Museum which displays the local traditions and lifestyles of Burundi people. Several karyenda royal drum sanctuaries are also located in this area as well the ibwami the royal court among other artifacts.
In Gitega you also have an opportunity to film the New university which was founded in 2014, the Polytechnic University of Gitega. It gives you an opportunity to learn more about the Education in Burundi.
Places of worship
Gitega is also home of various Christian churches and temples, Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Gitega (Catholic Church), Union of Baptist Churches in Burundi (Baptist World Alliance), Province of the Anglican Church of Burundi (Anglican Communion) and Assemblies of God. There are also Muslim mosques.
Why Book with Eco Adventure Safaris Burundi day trips and tours
Eco Adventure Safaris will help you book your Burundi day trips and tours contact us and we advise you on the booking process. We as well have different Burundi safari packages ranging from budget, mid-range to luxury options that we can book for you including the gorilla permits. Feel free to checkout our trip advisor reviews and read from a community of happy satisfied clients. With us, you can be rest assured of a memorable Burundi safari holiday. We are devoted to providing excellent service and customer satisfaction. Our team of excellent tour consultants is always willing to help answer all your safari questions including What to expect on a Safari in Burundi.