Combine Gorilla Trekking with a safariOctober 26, 2023
Gorilla Trekking for avid travelersOctober 27, 2023
A Uganda Gorilla Tour with arrival and departure from Kigali is a common and convenient option, as it allows you to explore both Rwanda and Uganda. Typically, visitors fly into Kigali International Airport and then embark on a road journey to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda, where you’ll have the opportunity to trek and see mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
Here’s a rough itinerary for a Uganda Gorilla Tour with arrival and departure from Kigali:
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali
- Arrive at Kigali International Airport.
- Depending on your arrival time, you may have the chance to explore Kigali, Rwanda’s capital.
- Overnight stay in Kigali.
Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Early morning drive from Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda.
- Cross the border and enjoy scenic views along the way.
- Arrive in Bwindi in the afternoon/evening.
- Overnight stay near Bwindi.
Day 3: Gorilla Trekking
- Morning gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- Spend an unforgettable hour with a habituated gorilla family.
- Afternoon at leisure or optional activities.
- Overnight stay near Bwindi.
Day 4: Return to Kigali
- Drive back to Kigali.
- Depending on the time of your return, you may explore more of Kigali or simply relax.
- Overnight stay in Kigali.
Day 5: Departure from Kigali
- Depending on your departure time, you might have some free time in Kigali.
- Transfer to Kigali International Airport for your departure.
Why choose a Uganda Gorilla Tour with arrival and departure from Kigali
Our gorilla tours from Kigali are meant for those who would like to start and end their safaris in Kigali and have a budget plan to spend on their tour for a memorable Uganda safari experience. Trekking gorillas in Rwanda costs USD1500 per person for the gorilla permit so the option of visiting Bwindi for gorilla trekking at USD700 s better and will help you save. You will cross the land border from Rwanda to Uganda and back. Uganda gorilla trekking tour from Rwanda is best to cut down the drive times that is 4-5 hours if you start in Kigali compared to 8-9 hours from Entebbe, Uganda.
You have all reasons to book your Bwindi gorilla trekking starting from Kigali Rwanda with Eco Adventure Safaris anytime you feel like visiting Uganda but you want to start and end your tour in Kigali. Eco Adventure Safaris is one of the leading tour operators for Uganda and Rwanda and we are highly recommended on TripAdvisor. We employ well trained and professional Safari designers who sit in our head office in Entebbe ready to provide you relevant and timely advice and information to help you in your safari planning. Once in Uganda, we will assign you one of our professional English speaking driver guide who will be with you in the field to show you the beauty of Uganda. As well this tour will help you cut down the initially drive time you would have from Entebbe to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park to 4-5 hours from Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park.
Where best is Gorilla Trekking done in Uganda?
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest is done in 4 sectors which include Buhoma, Ruhija, Nkuringo and Rushaga. Buhoma sector is located in the northern part of Bwindi and Ruhija sector in the North Eastern part of Bwindi both sectors are located close to Queen Elizabeth National Park making it easy to combine gorilla trekking with game viewing if you are trekking at these sectors. In the southern Part of Bwindi it is where Rushaga and Nkuringo sectors are located close to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park for gorilla trekking and Golden monkey tracking. Each sector has different habituated mountain gorilla families open for gorilla trekking with Rushaga sector having many families compared to other sectors.
Gorilla tracking in Uganda is done in Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. These are one of the only 2 national parks home to the endangered mountain gorillas in Uganda, other national parks include Volcanoes national park in Rwanda and Virunga National Park in DR Congo. Bwindi Forest National Park is one of Africa’s oldest forests with a diverse biodiversity with various species which include 350 birds, 310 butterflies, 200 trees, 51 reptiles, 88 moths and 120 mammals, the park is also home to several primates including chimpanzees, L’Hoest’s monkey and the major one the Mountain Gorillas. The global population of mountain gorillas is 1064 individuals and half of these can be found in Bwindi forest, the park has over 15 habituated gorilla family groups open for gorilla tracking with 8 gorilla permits allocated to each group per day.
How to book a Uganda Gorilla Tour with arrival and departure from Kigali
You will need to secure your gorilla permit in advance to confirm you have booked Uganda gorilla trekking. Gorilla trekking permits are purchased from Uganda Wildlife Authority, this can be done at their headquarters in Kampala or Kisoro for tourists arriving in Uganda through Entebbe it is recommended to purchase their gorilla permits from Kampala and for tourists arriving in Uganda through Kigali they can purchase their permits at the branch headquarter of Uganda Wildlife Authority in Kisoro town which is 1-2 hours drive to Bwindi. Eco Adventure Safaris is one of the best gorilla safari companies which can purchase for you your gorilla permit in advance and on short notice, once you confirm your dates and share them with us via email or WhatsApp we will first tentatively reserve the gorilla permits for you online and then send you an invoice for you to make payment and once money comes through on our account we will purchase your gorilla permits immediately and send you scan copies of your permits for your records and perusal and this will confirm you have purchase your gorilla permits for your gorilla
What to wear during a tour to Uganda from Kigali
You might be probably wondering what to wear for your trek, below is a compiled list on what to wear;
- A long armed sweater since the park gets cold
- 2 pairs of long trousers
- Water proof hiking boots
- A hat and sun glasses depending on the weather though this is optional
- Cameras and long lasting batteries since photography are very important to keep your memories alive. Always remember to keep our flash off.
- A pair of Binoculars. This will help you to see the vast birds Bwindi impenetrable forest has among other primates
- Gardening Gloves; these will help you when you a holding onto trees are branches through the trek.
- A rain coat; Since Bwindi impenetrable forest is rainforest, the rain is unpredictable so to be on a safer side, you will be required to carry along a coat.
- A mosquito Repellent; since it is a forest, it has different dangerous insects so its advisable to carry it along or wear it
- A sun screen; Well this is optional but depending on the season, it might get too hot and you end up getting sun burns on your skin so to avoid that, you will need a sun screen.
- You should not wear very bright colors since this will charge or scare away the gorillas.
- Black and Blue colors are also not recommended since they attract Tsetse flies So I would recommend neutral colors.
Where to stay during Gorilla Trekking in Uganda
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest National Park is done in the northern part that is Buhoma and Ruhija and in southern part that is Rushaga and Nkuringo sectors. In Rushaga lodges, you can stay at Rushaga Gorilla camp, Four Gorillas Lodge, Rushaga Gorilla Havens Lodge, Nsongi Camp, Icumbi Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Valley Lodge and Karungi Camp. In Nkuringo lodges you can stay at Nkuringo Bwindi gorilla lodge, Clouds Mountain gorilla lodge or Lake Mutanda Resort, all these lodges are close to the start point of Gorilla Habituation and Gorilla trekking.
In the northern part, in Buhoma sector you can stay at Buhoma Lodge, Bwindi Lodge, Buhoma Community Rest Camp, Ride 4 a Woman among others, In Ruhija you can stay at Trekkers Tavern Cottages, Agandi Eco Lodge, Gift of Nature Lodge, Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge, and Broadbill Tented Camp among others.
Why book your Uganda Gorilla Tour with arrival and departure from Kigali Through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator in Uganda, we take pride in customizing tailor-made Bwindi gorilla trekking safaris starting from Kigali. Including Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali Rwanda. We have a very diligent and trustworthy team. Your queries are answered within 20 minutes by our team of professional tour consultants. These consultants will make you a travel plan for you, answer to all your questions and make sure all your services are booked in advance for you to avoid inconveniences. We also have very knowledgeable safari guides depending on your language preferences. Feel free to contact us here.