3 Day Quick Gorilla Trek in Mgahinga from KampalaJune 18, 2023
A trip to Congo at the end of the yearJune 18, 2023
A trip to Rwanda at the end of the year is one of the best things to do for those planning to finish the year on safari in Africa! Rwanda, known as the “Land of a Thousand Hills,” is a beautiful country located in East Africa. It offers diverse landscapes, vibrant culture, and a rich history. Here is some information to help you plan your Trip to Rwanda at the End of the year:
- Weather: In Rwanda, December marks the start of the short dry season. The weather is generally warm and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 20-25°C (68-77°F). It’s a great time to explore the country without excessive rainfall.
- Attractions: Rwanda has several attractions that are worth visiting. Here are a few highlights:
- Volcanoes National Park: Famous for its population of endangered mountain gorillas, it offers an incredible opportunity to observe these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
- Nyungwe Forest National Park: Known for its lush rainforests and diverse wildlife, Nyungwe is perfect for hiking, birdwatching, and encountering chimpanzees.
- Kigali: Rwanda’s capital city, Kigali, is a vibrant and modern metropolis. Explore the Kigali Genocide Memorial, local markets, museums, and enjoy the city’s bustling nightlife.
- Lake Kivu: This scenic lake on the western border of Rwanda offers stunning views, water activities, and relaxing beach resorts.
- Cultural Experiences: Rwanda has a rich cultural heritage, and you can engage in various cultural experiences during your visit. Don’t miss the chance to learn about Rwandan traditions, music, dance, and cuisine. You can also visit local villages and interact with the friendly Rwandan people.
- Gorilla Trekking: If you’re interested in gorilla trekking, it’s essential to plan in advance and obtain the necessary permits. The demand for gorilla permits is high, so it’s advisable to book well ahead of time.
- Safety: Rwanda is generally a safe destination for travelers. However, it’s always wise to take common precautions, such as being aware of your surroundings and following local advice.
- Travel Documents: Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your planned departure date. Check the visa requirements for your country of residence and apply accordingly.
Where to stay during your Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
Accommodation in Volcanoes National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Sabinyo Silverback Lodge, Bisate Lodge, Virunga Volcanoes Lodge, Five Volcanoes Hotels and Mountain Gorillas’ Nest Lodge. The price ranges from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night.
The Midrange lodge options at Volcanoes National Park include Mountain Gorilla View Lodge and Lebambou Gorilla Lodge, Davinci Lodge. For budget accommodation in Volcanoes National Park the options are many from basic accommodation to camping which include Kinigi Hotel, Hotel Muhabura, Gorilla Solution Lodge, Villa Gorilla, Virunga Hotel, Faraji Hotel and La Palme Hotel or Home Inn.
All Lodges in Volcanoes National Park are well set to host tourists with various SOPs put in place in-line with Rwanda Health Ministry and WHO recommendations for the safety and health of tourists visiting Volcanoes National Park for Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda.
How to access Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes National Park can be best accessed by road; the drive from Kigali town is just 2-3 hours drive to Volcanoes National Park. Your driver guide will meet you for a short briefing at the designated hotel then set off to the park through the beautiful sceneries of the 1000 hills of Rwanda giving you an opportunity for a stop for photographs and sightseeing.
Why book your Trip to Rwanda at the End of the year with Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator which conducts Uganda and Rwanda tours. Our team has expertise in adventure Tour/Safaris Operations in Uganda Tour African Safaris, Tanzania African safaris, Kenya Tours Safaris, Rwanda African Safaris, Congo DRC African Safaris, and Zanzibar Safaris that run in the respective destinations hence detailing about us.
Meanwhile, we operate in the other popular East African destinations of Kenya and Tanzania through partnerships that we have established with highly regarded and like-minded local tour operators. We organize private tours for individuals and also offer ground handling for travel companies and agents from around the world. We are very passionate about Eco-tourism and preserving nature and so our tours are organized in a way that respects the environment and local cultures. We are also members of Safari Booking. Contact us here about booking a Trip to Rwanda at the End of the year.