Chimpanzee trekking in Cyamudongo ForestMay 31, 2023
Kenya Safari Holiday during Eid al-AdhaMay 31, 2023
A Tanzania Safari Holiday during Eid al-Adha is a fantastic way to celebrate the holiday while immersing yourself in the natural beauty of Tanzania’s national parks and wildlife reserves. Eid al-Adha is an important Islamic holiday that commemorates the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son as an act of obedience to God.
When planning your Tanzania Safari Holiday during Eid al-Adha, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Dates: Eid al-Adha follows the Islamic lunar calendar, so the exact dates can vary from year to year. It is advisable to check the specific dates for the year you plan to travel.
- Choose Safari destinations: Tanzania offers several world-renowned safari destinations, including Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tarangire National Park, and Manyara National Park. Each park has its unique features and wildlife, so it’s worth researching to determine which areas you’d like to visit.
- Accommodation: There are various accommodation options available, ranging from luxury lodges to tented camps. Make sure to book your accommodation well in advance, especially during the holiday season when there may be higher demand.
- Wildlife viewing: Tanzania’s national parks are home to a diverse range of wildlife, including the famous wildebeest migration in the Serengeti. However, during Eid al-Adha, some animals may be more difficult to spot due to increased human activity and noise associated with the holiday celebrations. It’s advisable to consult with experienced safari operators who can provide guidance on the best times and locations for wildlife viewing during this period.
- Cultural experiences: In addition to the wildlife, Tanzania is rich in cultural heritage. You can visit local villages and interact with the Maasai people, known for their distinctive culture and traditional way of life. This can add a unique cultural dimension to your safari experience.
- Respect local customs: As you’ll be visiting Tanzania during a religious holiday, it’s essential to respect local customs and traditions. Modest attire is recommended, particularly in more conservative areas, and it’s important to be mindful of local sensitivities.
- Transportation: Arrange for transportation to and from the safari destinations. Many safari operators offer packages that include transportation from major cities or airports to the national parks. Internal flights are also available for those looking to save time.
It’s always a good idea to book your safari holiday through a reputable tour operator who can assist with logistics, accommodations, and ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience. They will have experience in organizing trips during the Eid al-Adha holiday and can provide valuable insights and recommendations.
Remember to plan ahead, be flexible with your itinerary, and savor the incredible wildlife and natural wonders that Tanzania has to offer during your Eid al-Adha safari holiday.
Highlights of the Things do during the Tanzania Safari Holiday during Eid al-Adha
- Safari in Serengeti National Park
- Visit the Ngorongoro Crater
- Safari to see the large herds of Elephants in Tarangire
- Visit Lake Manyara National Park
- Boat cruise in Selous Game Reserve
- Beach holiday on Zanzibar Island
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park is one of the best national parks in Tanzania where to spend a holiday, it is the oldest and one of the largest National Parks in Tanzania. Serengeti National Park is the most visited park in Tanzania famous for massive migration of the Wildebeests and large herds of animals including Zebras, Elephants and towers of Giraffes. Serengeti remains the best place in Tanzania and East Africa to film Lions and the Wildebeests.
The Great Wildebeest Migration in Serengeti National Park is the best activity to lookout for on holiday in Tanzania.
You will have an opportunity to see the Great Migration, this happens every year between the months of June to October which involves over 1.5 million wildebeests and thousands of Zebras migrating from the southern parts of Serengeti National Park plains and Ngorongoro crater to the southern parts of Masai Mara National Park in Kenya and back to Serengeti National Park. This involves the wildebeests and Zebras rearing their young ones, this is not simple given the fact it is more of 3000 miles journey which tiresome making it a life and death migration, many die due to exhaustion giving a chance to other carnivore animals to ease their search for food like Hyenas, Cheetahs and Lions. Of the above dry months August and September are the best months to see the Great Migration given the fact this is good time as well to experience the river crossing during the migration, late October the rains will resume in Tanzania and the herds will start their journey back to southern parts of Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro crater grassland plain areas.
Where to stay in Serengeti National Park
Lodge options to stay in Small Group Safaris To Tanzania on safari in Tanzania in Serengeti National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options. You will choose what to stay in depending on your interests and budget. Lodge options in Serengeti National Park include Mwiba River Lodge, Mwiba Wildlife Reserve, Mbali Mbali Soroi Serengeti Lodge, Singita Sasakwa Lodge and Zawadi Serengeti Safari Lodge.
Tarangire National Park
Tarangire National Park is another great park in Tanzania to visit on holiday in Tanzania. The park is located few kilometers from Arusha town. It is known to have the largest concentration of wildlife only after Serengeti National Park. The park is home to the highest population density of elephants in Tanzania making it one of the best places to film Elephants in East Africa. Tarangire has beautiful scenery made up of its habitats which range. Visiting Tarangire National Park will give you an opportunity to encounter large herds of Elephants up close and other wildlife alongside its beautiful scenery as a backdrop.
What to see in Tarangire National Park
Tarnagire National Park is dominated by the breathtaking beautiful and historical baobab trees which are one of the major attractions of this park. Along with your guide a visit to these trees will give you an opportunity learn about the beliefs and history attached to them. These Baobab trees are said to be moving creatures which used to walk around on the surface of the earth using their roots, unfortunately there movement annoyed the creator God who punished them and stopped their movements thus planting them in one place upside down with their roots up so that they couldn’t move again.
The park is home to large herds of Elephants one herd can go consist up to 300 Elephants. Other animals include wildebeests, buffaloes, impalas, gazelle, heartbeest, zebras, elands, stately fringe-eared oryx and peculiar long necked gerenuk.
Where to stay in Tarangire National Park during your holiday
Lodge options to stay in on holiday in Tarangire National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options. You will choose what to stay in depending on your interests and budget. Lodge options in Tarangire National Park include Tanzania Baobab Tented Camp, Kwa Kuchinia, Roika Tarangire Tented Lodge, Tarangire Treetops, Oliver’s Tented Camp, Maramboi Tented Camp, Tarangire Sopa Lodge and Tarangire Safari Lodge among others.
Lake Manyara National Park
Lake Manyara National Park is located between Lake Manyara and the Great Rift Valley. The park is dominated by Lake Manyara a shallow alkaline lake at an altitude of 960m which was formed in a depression within the Rift Valley System. Lake Manyara National Park has a variety of diverse habitats ranging from evergreen underground forests, woodlands, extensive swamps and Grasslands home to various flora and fauna, it best known for its tree climbing lions.
Where to stay in Lake Manyara National Park
Lodge options to stay in Lake Manyara range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options. You will choose what to stay in depending on your interests and budget. Lodge options in Lake Manyara National park include Lake Manyara Tortillis Camp, andBeyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge, Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge, Lake Manyara Kilimanjaro Lodge, Lake Manyara Wildlife Lodge.
Selous Game Reserve
Selous Game Reserve is located in the southeast of Tanzania. It is another amazing National Park to visit on your holiday safari to Tanzania especially for those interested in un-crowded parks by tourists and untouched gems in Africa. It is a remote and less visited game reserve. Selous Game reserve is the largest protected wildlife reserve in Africa covering 5% of Tanzania’s total area. The park is home to diverse habitats ranging from miombo woodlands, riverine swamps, open wooded grassland, hills and open plains offering safe habitats to wildlife.
Where to stay in Selous Game Reserve during your holiday in Tanzania
Lodge options to stay in Selous Game Reserve range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options. You will choose where to stay in depending on your interests and budget. Lodge options in Selous Game Reserve include Sable Mountain Lodge, Selous Kinga Lodge, Selous Great Water Lodge, Selous Wilderness Camp, Selous Luxury Camp, Selous Mbuyu Safari Camp and Mivumo River Lodge among others.
Why book Tanzania Safari Holiday during Eid al-Adha through Eco Adventure Safaris
Eco Adventure Safaris provides unrivaled and professional tour and travel services in Uganda, Kenya, Congo, Tanzania and Rwanda. Since then, Eco Adventure Safaris as established herself as one of the leading tour operator in all these countries including Tanzania. Eco Adventure Safaris boosts of a professional office and field team that takes care of all your requests and inquiries and work closely with Tanzania Tourism Board. We are highly recommended on trip advisor. Our website is one of the best and reliable point to help you start preparing for your Tanzania safari as we have the best and update information that you can rely on. Eco Adventure Safaris is owned and run by Ugandans who have explored Tanzania and as such, you will be dealing with a team that sells what they know. Please feel free to contact us here about booking a Tanzania Safari Holiday during Eid al-Adha