Best 2024 offer for 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trek Tour Costs SafariSeptember 19, 2023
1 Day Jinja Tour from Kampala or EntebbeSeptember 23, 2023
Short mountain gorilla tours in Uganda and Rwanda typically refer to expeditions that allow travelers to observe and interact with mountain gorillas in a relatively brief period of time. These tours are designed for those with limited time but a strong desire to experience the incredible encounter of seeing these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. Here’s a general outline of what you can expect from short mountain gorilla tours in Uganda and Rwanda:
- Tour Duration: Short gorilla tours typically last 2 to 4 days, making them ideal for travelers who want to maximize their experience within a limited timeframe. The Short Mountain Gorilla Tours in Uganda and Rwanda include;
- 1 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking in Mgahinga National Park from Kigali
- 1 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park from Kigali
- 1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park from Kigali
- 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking from Kigali
- 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking in Uganda from Kigali
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking in Uganda from Kigali
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi from Entebbe
- Gorilla Trekking: The highlight of these tours is the gorilla trekking experience. You’ll embark on guided treks into the forests of either Uganda or Rwanda, where you’ll track and observe mountain gorilla families. The duration of the trek can vary from a few hours to a full day, depending on the location of the gorilla group.
- Choice of Destination:
- Rwanda: Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda is a popular destination for gorilla trekking, known for its relatively easy trekking conditions and the presence of several habituated gorilla families.
- Uganda: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda is another prime location for gorilla trekking. The terrain can be more challenging, but it offers a unique experience. You can as well opt to trek Gorillas in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park which has the same vegetation and terrain as Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda.
- Accommodation: Short tours usually include accommodation near the gorilla trekking destination. Lodging options range from basic to luxury, depending on your budget and preferences.
- Travel Itinerary:
- Day 1: Arrival in the starting city (Kigali for Rwanda or Entebbe/Kampala for Uganda).
- Day 2: Transfer to the gorilla trekking location, with the possibility of a cultural visit or other activities.
- Day 3: Gorilla trekking experience.
- Day 4: Departure or additional activities, depending on the tour duration.
- Pre-Booking and Permits: Gorilla trekking permits are essential and must be obtained in advance. Permits are limited in number and can be quite competitive to secure, so it’s advisable to book your tour well in advance.
- Guides and Rangers: All treks are guided by experienced rangers who ensure the safety of both travelers and gorillas. They provide insights into the gorillas and the forest ecosystem.
- Respect for Gorillas: It’s crucial to adhere to strict guidelines for gorilla trekking, including maintaining a safe distance, avoiding direct eye contact with the gorillas, and following ethical wildlife viewing practices.
When planning a short mountain gorilla tour in Uganda or Rwanda, consider your budget, physical fitness, and the specific gorilla group you want to visit. These tours offer a unique and unforgettable wildlife experience, and they are a great way to contribute to gorilla conservation efforts while enjoying the beauty of these East African countries.
What is included in Short Mountain Gorilla Tours in Uganda and Rwanda
All Eco Adventure Safaris Short Mountain Gorilla Tours in Uganda and Rwanda are all-inclusive of gorilla permits, accommodation as well as the transport. We prefer assisting with all components of the tour or your holiday so that while travelling with us in Africa, your holiday is stress-free having trusted the experts to do it for you.
Gorilla permit and what is included or excluded
You need to have a gorilla permit secured in advance to trek gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or Mghinga National Park in Uganda and Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda. A gorilla permit is a card issued Through Eco Adventure Safaris by the Uganda Wildlife Authority in Uganda and in Rwanda by the Rwanda Development Board that allows you to trek the endangered mountain gorillas to have a chance to view them for one hour. Gorilla permits are only valid for the date booked and once expired cannot be used. Make sure that you are available on the day of trekking. This gorilla permit includes spending one hour with a given habituated mountain gorilla family.
During this one hour, you will be allowed to take still photos as wells simple videos. Please read our dos and don’ts while with mountain gorillas. You will also listen to an informative talk from your guide or the day. Included as well is services of a ranger guide and tourism police to ensure that security in the forest is guaranteed. The ranger from Uganda Wildlife Authority will be carrying a gun probably an AK47 to scare away any stray animal that may misbehave along the way. Park entry fees for Bwindi impenetrable National Park and or Mgahinga national park is also included in the pre-purchased gorilla permits and is valid for 24 hours.
At the end of the trek you will be awarded a certificate to confirm that at one time you visited Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for gorilla trekking and also to support the rare mountain gorillas since part of your gorilla permit fee goes to the conservation of mountain gorillas as well as paying the staff of Uganda and Wildlife Authority. By trekking gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable National Park, you will also benefit the locals since part of the gorilla permit fee is channeled to projects that develop the community such as establishing schools, hospitals as well as creating jobs.
While a gorilla permit includes the benefits as mentioned above, it does not cater for accommodation as well as the transport to and from Bwindi. Eco Adventure Safaris will take care of all your accommodation and transport requirements to make sure that your summer holiday gorilla trekking tour is done without hassle.
Choices of Lodges for Short Mountain Gorilla Tours in Uganda and Rwanda
Eco Adventure Safaris works with selected Lodges in and around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, and we are in a position to suggest the best option when it comes to where you will spend your nights in Bwindi impenetrable National Park. Depending on your budget, we will recommend a budget, Deluxe or Luxury Lodges. Bwindi has four sections of Buhoma, Rushaga, Ruhija and Nkuringo, and in each of the mentioned region, we do have at least two options for each of the categories mentioned. We as well have lodge options in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and Volcanoes National Park.
Our lodges are assessed annually, and we keep monitoring their performances and service by visiting them physically as well as checking their reviews on trip advisor. Tell us your budget, and we will advise you accordingly. Our advice is just a call or email away.
Why book Short Mountain Gorilla Tours in Uganda and Rwanda Through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris has positioned herself as one of the leading tour operators offering authentic and value for money gorilla treks to Bwindi impenetrable National Park, Mgahinga National Park and Volcanoes National Park. We endeavor to provide accurate and timely information that you can rely on to organize gorilla trekking safaris in Africa. Our staff are always on standby to assist you with all the arrangements, and if you need more information about our service, please visit our web page for more information and options about Short Mountain Gorilla Tours in Uganda and Rwanda.