Serengeti Wildebeest Migration and Climbing KilimanjaroAugust 21, 2023
Hiking Mount Nyiragongo VolcanoAugust 21, 2023
Are you planning a trip to Africa that includes on Rwanda DR Congo and Burundi Tour? A tour of Rwanda, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), and Burundi is a special trip and this offers a rich and diverse experience, showcasing the cultural, natural, and historical attractions of these countries in the East African region. However, it’s important to note that this region has had its share of political instability and safety concerns, so careful planning and up-to-date information are essential when considering such a tour.
Here’s an overview of what you might experience on a tour of Rwanda DR Congo and Burundi:
- Kigali: Start your journey in the capital city of Rwanda. Explore the Genocide Memorial, which serves as a somber reminder of the country’s tragic history, as well as the vibrant local markets and cultural centers.
- Volcanoes National Park: Home to the endangered mountain gorillas, this park offers the unique opportunity to go gorilla trekking. It’s a truly immersive wildlife experience that allows you to observe these incredible creatures up close in their natural habitat.
- Lake Kivu: This picturesque lake offers opportunities for water activities like boat rides, kayaking, and lakeside relaxation. You can also visit the town of Gisenyi, known for its beautiful beaches.
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC):
- Virunga National Park: Cross into DRC and explore Virunga National Park, one of the most biologically diverse places on the planet. This park is not only home to mountain gorillas but also boasts active volcanoes, diverse wildlife, and stunning landscapes.
- Nyiragongo Volcano: Embark on a challenging trek to the summit of Nyiragongo, an active volcano with a lava lake in its crater. The views from the top are breathtaking, especially at night when the lava lake lights up the sky.
- Travel to Bukavu, Congo
- Drive from Goma to Bukavu, another city along Lake Kivu.
- Eastern Lowland Gorilla Trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park
- Explore Bukavu and enjoy the lakeside views.
- Overnight stay in Bukavu
- Bujumbura: Begin your exploration in the capital city of Burundi. Visit the Livingstone-Stanley Monument, which marks the spot where explorers David Livingstone and Henry Morton Stanley met, and explore local markets and cultural sites.
- Rusizi National Park: This park offers a chance to see hippos and various bird species along the Rusizi River. It’s a great place for a boat safari.
- Gishora Drum Sanctuary: Experience Burundi’s rich cultural heritage by visiting this sanctuary, where you can witness traditional drumming performances and learn about the significance of drums in the country’s history.
- Safety: Keep abreast of the current political and safety situation in each country. Consult travel advisories and consider hiring a local guide for a safer and more informed experience.
- Visas and Permits: Check the visa requirements for each country well in advance. Some countries might require permits for activities like gorilla trekking.
- Health Considerations: Research the necessary vaccinations and health precautions before traveling to this region.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Respect local customs, traditions, and dress codes.
- Guided Tours: Given the potential challenges of traveling in this region, joining a guided tour with experienced operators might be a safer and more convenient option.
Remember that the situation in these countries can change, so always stay updated on current events and consult official sources for the latest information before planning your Rwanda DR Congo and Burundi Tour.
Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes National Park is found in the northwestern part of Rwanda, it shares borders with Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Uganda and Virunga National Park in DR Congo. The main activities to do in this park during your staff team building in Rwanda include Mountain Gorilla tracking, hiking one of the 5 volcanoes/mountains found in this park which include Karisimbi, Bisoke, Muhabura, Sabinyo and Gahinga, visiting the Dian Fossey Tomb and Research Center, Golden Monkey tracking among others.
Where to stay in Volcanoes National Park
Lodges in Volcanoes National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Sabinyo Silverback Lodge, Bisate Lodge, Virunga Volcanoes Lodge, Five Volcanoes Hotels and Mountain Gorillas’ Nest Lodge. Their price range from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night give you the best time ever during your stay during your gorilla trekking safari in Volcanoes National Park, They have great hospitality, clean rooms, VIP rooms and all have put in place the set SOPs for prevention of the spread of the corona virus and all are ensuring safety and health of their clients.
The Midrange lodge options at Volcanoes National Park include Mountain Gorilla View Lodge and Lebambou Gorilla Lodge, Davinci Lodge. For budge travels the options are many from basic accommodation to camping one can choose from Kinigi Hotel, Hotel Muhabura, Gorilla Solution Lodge, Villa Gorilla, Virunga Hotel, Faraji Hotel and La Palme Hotel or Home Inn.
Safari to Akagera National Park
Akaagera National Park is the only savannah national park in Rwanda. It is home to the Big 5 animals and other animals including zebras, impala, oribi, bushbucks, eland, tsessebe, hippopotamus and crocodiles. During your visit to this park you can do activities which include game drives, boat cruise on river Akagera and community visits.
Where to stay in Akagera National Park
Lodges in Akagera National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Akagera Game Lodge, Akagera Rhino Lodge and Ruzizi Tented Camp. The prices range from USD200 to USD300 per person per night. Great and best time ever during your stay during your stay in this park.
The Midrange lodge options at Akagera National Park include Magashi camp, Dereva Hotel and Akagera Bush Lodge. For budge travelers the options are many from basic accommodation to camping.
Nyungwe Forest National Park
Nyungwe Forest National Park is home to Nyungwe forest the largest and oldest montane forest in Africa. The park is located at the border with DR Congo. It is home to Chimpanzees and other primates, one of the best places to see chimpanzees in Africa. It is described as Rwanda’s primate capital with over 13 species including the L’Hoest’s Monkeys, Dent’s Mona Monkeys, Baboons, Vervet Monkeys, Golden Monkeys, Red-tailed monkeys, Angola Colobus, Silver monkeys, Hamlyn’s Monkeys, Grey-cheeked Managabeys, chimpanzees, black and white colobus. The park also offers a great opportunity for canopy walk only done here in Rwanda. It is also great for bird watching.
Where to stay in Nyungwe Forest National Park
Lodges in Nyungwe Forest National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include One and Only Nyungwe House. Their price range from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night give you the best time ever during your stay during your safari in Nyungwe Forest National Park, They have great hospitality, clean rooms, VIP rooms and all have put in place the set SOPs for prevention of the spread of the corona virus and all are ensuring safety and health of their clients.
The Midrange lodge options at Nyungwe Forest National Park include Nyungwe Top View Hotel and Gisakura Lodge. For budge travels the options are many from basic accommodation to camping.
What is the best time ?
Rwanda can be visited throughout the year. During Dry season from June to September and December to February every year is the best time to visit Rwanda National parks. The parks can as well be visited all year around and you will be able to see the wildlife, dry seasons offer great sighting of wildlife compared to wet seasons. Mountain Gorilla, Golden Monkeys and Chimpanzee trekking is best done in the dry season and birding is best in wet seasons.
Why book a Rwanda DR Congo and Burundi Tour through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris boasts of a professional office and field team that takes care of all your requests and inquiries. We are highly recommended on trip advisor and Trust Pilot. Our website is one of the best and most reliable points to help you start preparing for your tour, we have the best and most updated information that you can rely on. Eco Adventure Safaris is owned and run by Ugandans who have well explored Uganda for many years and as such, you will be dealing with a team that sells what they know. Please feel free to contact us here about booking A Rwanda DR Congo and Burundi Tour.