Post Covid 19 Gorilla Habituation Experience SafariFebruary 7, 2022
Is it possible to block all permits and trek Ruhija gorillas exclusively aloneFebruary 8, 2022
Post covid 19 gorilla trekking discounts. The outbreak of Covid-19 has had a significant impact on the tourism industry all around the world with Airline companies’ halting flights, hotels lying off staff members, cancellation of trips, postponement of bookings, and with many countries including Uganda placing a lockdown on any kind of travel from March to September 2020. This meant no business took place during this period. However, at the start of October 1st 2020 Uganda opened its borders accepting travelers to visit Uganda as long as you showed a negative covid 19 certificate on arrival done within 120 hours. This has thus helped tourism to revive and many service providers have opted to offer post covid discounts to attract more clients to book with them. Eco Adventure Safaris has also offered various discounts and here below are some of our discounted tour packages for post covid gorilla trekking
How has Uganda managed the pandemic?
Uganda in the bid to fight against the spread of the virus, a lockdown was set starting the 15th March on all international travel into the country until 1st October when the land borders were opened and travel was revived in the country. Various mandatory requirements and SOPs have also been set for all arriving and departing travelers through Entebbe International Airport to follow in a bid to control the spread of the virus in Uganda these include;
What are the requirements for arriving passengers in Uganda amid COVID-19?
The requirements are as follows;
- You are required to have an authentic and valid negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test certificate from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin issued within 120 hours before boarding to Uganda.
- You are required to wear a face mask appropriately within the Airport and you will be subjected to temperature screening on entry to the arrival hall. You will also be screened for any other signs of infectious diseases by the Port Health team.
What are the requirements for departing passengers out Uganda amid COVID-19?
The requirements are as follows;
- You are required to have an authentic and valid negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test certificate from an accredited laboratory in Uganda within 120 hours before boarding your departure flight out of Uganda even if the country you are going to does not require it.
- In case the destination country requires a COVID-19 PCR test certificate within 120 hours the number of hours indicated by the destination country take priority so we advise you to plan accordingly.
- You are advised to arrive at Airport 4 hours before your scheduled flight’s departure time.
- You are required to wear a face mask appropriately within the Airport and you will be subjected to temperature screening on entry to the departure hall. You will also be screened for any other signs of infectious diseases by the Port Health team.
What is the requirement of the negative COVID-19 test certificate for children travelling with adults to Uganda?
- It is only children of three (3) years and below that are exempt from having a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain reaction test certificate on condition that their accompanying parents have it.
Are there any restrictions on certain nationalities which cannot enter the Uganda due to COVID-19?
- There are no restrictions on any nationalities entering Uganda due to COVID-19 so long as they you have an authentic and negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction test certificate on arrival.
Post covid 19 gorilla trekking discounts include discounts on transportation, Lodges, tour operators and various service providers which in turn has helped reduce on the total cost for one to pay during his or her visit to Uganda.
Uganda Wildlife Authority has also offered the following discounts with effect from 1st December 2020 to 31st March 2021 which you can benefit from if you plan to travel between this time;
a) 50% discount on park entrance fee for Lake Mburo NP, Queen Elizabeth NP, Kidepo Valley NP, Murchison Falls NP, Semuliki NP, Toro Semliki Wildlife Reserve, Katonga Wildlife Reserve, Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve and Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve.
b) 50% discount on birding fees.
Why book with Eco Adventure Safaris your Post covid gorilla trekking Tour
Eco Adventure is working and doing all the best we can to ensure that you have safe trips and prevent further spread of the virus by putting in place the guidelines as suggested by the world health organization. We will also be offering discounted Gorilla and safe packages to meet your needs and also putting in mind your health is important. Contact us here for our discounted packages and also tailor made gorilla safaris, we are ready to follow all set SOPs to ensure all our clients are safe during travel amid covid-19. Our magic in organizing authentic experience stems from the fact that we have overtime assembled a team mixed with young and energetic staff guided by well experienced mature managers and directors who are Ugandans and passionate about what they do. Eco Adventure Safaris is highly rated and reviewed on trip Advisor to help you learn on the experiences of the other travelers who have traveled with us.