Nyungwe National Park now a UNESCO World Heritage SiteSeptember 23, 2023
10 Days Tanzania Luxury SafariSeptember 23, 2023
Karatu The Tanzania Safari Gateway serves as a gateway for tourists visiting the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and other nearby national parks, making it a hub for the safari industry, Karatu is approximately 30 kilometers (19 miles) southwest of the city of Arusha, one of Tanzania’s major cities and a gateway to many popular national parks, including Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area.. Many lodges, camps, and accommodations catering to tourists can be found in and around Karatu. Karatu is a town located in the Arusha Region of Tanzania, East Africa. It is situated in the northern part of the country, not far from the border with Kenya. Karatu is known for its picturesque landscape, as it is located in the highlands of Tanzania and is surrounded by lush forests and fertile agricultural land.
Karatu The Tanzania Safari Gateway is a charming town in Tanzania located near the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, making it a popular base for travelers exploring the region. There are several activities and attractions in and around Karatu that you can enjoy. Here are some things to do in Karatu The Tanzania Safari Gateway:
- Ngorongoro Crater: Take a day trip to the Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most famous wildlife conservation areas in Africa. It’s home to a diverse range of wildlife, including the Big Five (lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard, and rhinoceros). Game drives here are a must.
- Visit a Maasai Village: Get to know the local Maasai culture by visiting a traditional Maasai village. You can learn about their customs, daily life, and even participate in traditional dances and activities.
- Coffee Plantation Tours: Karatu is known for its coffee plantations. You can take a guided tour to learn about the coffee-making process, from bean to cup, and even sample some freshly brewed coffee.
- Hiking and Nature Walks: Karatu is surrounded by beautiful landscapes and lush forests. Consider going on a guided hike or nature walk to explore the natural beauty of the area.
- Lake Manyara National Park: This national park is about an hour’s drive from Karatu and is known for its tree-climbing lions, as well as a variety of other wildlife. Game drives and birdwatching are popular activities here.
- Local Markets: Explore the local markets in Karatu to shop for crafts, artwork, and souvenirs. It’s a great place to pick up handmade Maasai jewelry, textiles, and other traditional items.
- Empakaai Crater: This lesser-known crater is an excellent alternative to the crowded Ngorongoro Crater. It offers stunning views and the chance to see wildlife in a quieter setting.
- Cultural Experiences: Look for cultural experiences like traditional dances, music performances, and storytelling sessions that showcase the local culture and history.
- Waterfalls: Karatu is home to some beautiful waterfalls, such as Rhotia Waterfall and Endoro Falls. You can take short hikes to reach these natural wonders.
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris: If you’re looking for a unique experience, consider taking a hot air balloon safari over the Ngorongoro Crater. It provides breathtaking views and a different perspective of the wildlife below.
- Bird Watching: Karatu is a great destination for bird enthusiasts. Bring your binoculars and try to spot some of the many bird species that inhabit the area.
Why book a Safari in Tanzania through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris provides unrivalled and professional tour and travel services in Uganda, Kenya, Congo, Tanzania and Rwanda. Since then, Eco Adventure Safaris as established herself as one of the leading tour operator in all these countries including Tanzania. Eco Adventure Safaris boosts of a professional office and field team that takes care of all your requests and inquiries and work closely with Tanzania Tourism Board. We are highly recommended on Trip Advisor. Our website is one of the best and reliable point to help you start preparing for your Tanzania safari as we have the best and update information that you can rely on. Eco Adventure Safaris is owned and run by Ugandans who have explored Tanzania and as such, you will be dealing with a team that sells what they know. Please feel free to contact us here for more details when a Safari trip to Tanzania.