Rushaga Gorilla LodgeJuly 11, 2023
Which country is best for Gorilla Trekking Uganda Rwanda CongoJuly 11, 2023
This is the best Guide to Wildebeest Migration Safari 2023-2024. The wildebeest migration is one of the most incredible wildlife spectacles on the planet, attracting nature enthusiasts and photographers from around the world. It takes place annually in East Africa, primarily in the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania and the Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya. Here’s a guide to help you plan and enjoy the wildebeest migration:
- Timing: The migration is a year-round phenomenon, but the best time to witness the dramatic river crossings is from July to October. During this period, millions of wildebeest, accompanied by zebras and other herbivores, cross the crocodile-infested Mara River from the Serengeti to the Masai Mara in search of fresh grazing.
- Choose the Right Location: The Serengeti and Masai Mara are vast areas, so it’s essential to select the right location for the best viewing opportunities. The Serengeti’s western corridor and the Masai Mara’s Mara River are the primary spots to witness the river crossings. Research and consult with local guides or tour operators to determine the optimal location based on the time of year.
- Plan Ahead: The wildebeest migration attracts a considerable number of tourists, so it’s advisable to plan your trip well in advance. Book accommodations, game drives, and guides early to secure your spot during the peak season.
- Seek Professional Guidance: Hiring a knowledgeable guide or joining a guided tour will enhance your experience. Experienced guides are familiar with the migration patterns, animal behavior, and the best locations for sightings. They can help you navigate the parks, provide interesting insights, and ensure your safety.
- Safari Options: There are various safari options available, ranging from budget camping to luxury lodges. Consider your preferences and budget when choosing the type of safari experience, you desire. Mobile camps are popular as they allow you to follow the migration and provide an authentic experience of living amidst the wildlife.
- Be Prepared for Long Drives: The migration is constantly on the move, and reaching the prime viewing areas may require long drives over rough terrain. Be prepared for bumpy rides and pack essential items such as water, snacks, sunscreen, hats, and binoculars.
- Patience is Key: Witnessing the migration can be unpredictable. The animals’ movements depend on factors such as rainfall, availability of food, and natural instincts. Be patient and allow time for the animals to gather, cross the river, or engage in dramatic interactions. Remember that nature doesn’t follow a strict schedule.
- Respect Wildlife and Environment: While observing the migration, it’s vital to respect the wildlife and their habitat. Follow the park regulations, maintain a safe distance from the animals, and avoid littering. Respect the advice and instructions given by your guide to ensure a responsible and sustainable experience.
- Capture the Moments: Bring your camera or binoculars to capture the incredible sights and moments during the migration. Telephoto lenses are particularly useful for capturing the action up close. However, remember to also take some time to appreciate the spectacle with your own eyes rather than solely through the lens.
- Enjoy the Full Experience: The wildebeest migration is not just about the river crossings. Take the opportunity to explore the diverse ecosystems of the Serengeti and the Masai Mara, spot predators like lions and cheetahs, and experience the rich cultural heritage of the Maasai people. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the region and enjoy the full safari experience.
Remember, migration is a natural event, and wildlife behavior can vary from year to year. Even if you don’t witness the river crossings, the abundance of wildlife in the Serengeti and Masai Mara guarantees an unforgettable experience
Eco Adventure Safaris is an expert in organizing Wildebeest Migration Safaris to Serengeti National Park and Masai Mara National Park in Tanzania and Kenya respectively. Are you planning a holiday to visit Africa and see the great wildebeest migration including the river crossing experience, you are in the right place to help plan and book for you an amazing safari. On these Summer Holiday Wildebeest Migration Safaris, you can as well include in a visit to other savannah national parks for wildlife viewing, boat cruises and cultural encounters.
Every June up to September of each year, most countries located in the northern hemisphere are affected by summer where most schools, as well as institutions of higher education, decide to break off to take advantage of the prolonged day time as well as warm weather. While most summer holidaymakers prefer to spend their time by visiting beaches, Eco Adventure Safaris has quality summer holiday gorilla trekking and Wildebeest Migration Safaris to come and witness the best safari experience in the world witnessing the wildebeest migration in Kenya and Tanzania.
What is Wildebeest Migration
The Great Migration happens every year which involves over 1.5 million wildebeests and thousands of Zebras migrating from the southern parts of Serengeti National Park plains and Ngorongoro crater to the southern parts of Masai Mara National Park in Kenya and back to Serengeti National Park. It is named the Great Migration because it is not like other migrations this is unique and hard because it involves a clock wise movement of wildebeests and Zebras spanning an approximate 3000 kilometer journey as they search for fresh grounds and rear their young ones during seasonal changes every year. The Great Migration normally happens in the dry season forcing the wildebeests and Zebras to move in search for fresh grazing vegetation and water. The Great Migration is an epic safari option recommended for many travelers visiting Kenya and Tanzania this will give you best African Safari Experience.
Pocket friendly Summer Holiday Wildebeest Migration Safaris and cost-effective packages
Eco Adventure Safaris organizes both budget, mid-range to luxury trips to Tanzania to experience the Great Migration on Summer Holiday Wildebeest Migration Safaris, we have our popular trips that you can choose from below that include this experience. We as well consider highly customizing all trips to best match our clients’ needs, please feel free to contact us here and we will customize for you a Great Migration tour that will suite your interest budget and time. Our best discounted 2023 Wildebeest Migration Safaris include;
4 Days Kenya Wildebeest Migration Safari
5 Days Kenya Wildlife Safari
5 Days Tanzania Wildlife Safari
7 Days Tanzania Northern Safari Circuit
7 Days Best of Kenya Adventure Safari
8 Days Kenya and Tanzania Wildebeest Migration Safari
8 Days Kenya Big Five Safari
8 Days Ultimate Kenya Safari
9 Days Best of Serengeti Great Migration Safari
10 Days Best of Tanzania Safari
13 Days Combined Kenya and Tanzania Safari
What is the best time to see the Great Migration in Tanzania?
The best time to see the Great Migration is during the dry season period that is between the months of July to early October every year. During this period in the southern parts of Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater the vegetation is sparse and dry, the waterways are as well dry this forces the wildebeests and Zebras to migrate to the North plains that is southern part of Masai Mara National Park to search for fresh vegetation and water. During the Migration the wildebeests and Zebras rear their young ones, this is not simple given the fact it is more of 3000 miles journey which tiresome making it a life and death migration, many die due to exhaustion giving a chance to other carnivore animals to ease their search for food like Hyenas, Cheetahs and Lions. Of the above dry months August and September are the best months to see the Great Migration given the fact this is good time as well to experience the river crossing during the migration, late October the rains will resume in Tanzania and the herds will start their journey back to southern parts of Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro crater grassland plain areas.
What is the best time to see the Great Migration in Kenya?
Guide to Wildebeest Migration Safari 2023-2024. The best time to see the Great Migration is during the dry season period that is between the months of July to early October every year. During this period in the southern parts of Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater the vegetation is sparse and dry, the waterways are as well dry this forces the wildebeests and Zebras to migrate to the North plains that is southern part of Masai Mara National Park to search for fresh vegetation and water. During the Migration the wildebeests and Zebras rear their young ones, this is not simple given the fact it is more of 3000 miles journey which tiresome making it a life and death migration, many die due to exhaustion giving a chance to other carnivore animals to ease their search for food like Hyenas, Cheetahs and Lions. Of the above dry months August and September are the best months to see the Great Migration given the fact this is good time as well to experience the river crossing during the migration, late October the rains will resume in Tanzania and the herds will start their journey back to southern parts of Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro crater grassland plain areas.
Why book your Wildebeest Migration Safari with Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris has positioned herself as one of the leading tour operators offering authentic and value for money Summer Holiday Wildebeest Migration Safaris to Kenya in Masai Mara National Park and Tanzania Serengeti National Park. We endeavor to provide accurate and timely information that you can rely on to organize Summer Holiday Wildebeest Migration Safaris in Africa. Our staff are always on standby to assist you with all the arrangements, and if you need more information about our service, please visit our trip advisor page for more information and options about the best Guide to Wildebeest Migration Safari 2023-2024.