How many days do I need for Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda?December 10, 2023
Game drives in Masai Mara National ReserveDecember 15, 2023
Gorilla Trekking in Uganda on a Tight Budget, Gorilla trekking in Uganda is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but it can be expensive. However, it is possible to do it on a tight budget if you plan carefully and make some cost-conscious choices through a trustworthy local tour operator Eco Adventure Safaris. Here’s a guide to help you enjoy gorilla trekking in Uganda without breaking the bank:
- Choose the Right Season: Gorilla trekking permits in Uganda have the same price all through the year which is $700 per person per trek. We recommend you plan to travel during the low season (April, May, and November). If you can be flexible with your travel dates, opt for the low season to save money because during this time the lodges offer low-season rates
- Book Permits in Advance: Gorilla trekking permits are limited, so it’s crucial to book them in advance. You can reserve your permits through the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) website or through a reputable tour operator Eco Adventure Safaris.
- Group Size: You can choose to join a larger group for gorilla trekking instead of arranging a private trek. Group treks are often more affordable, although you may have to share the experience with more people.
- Stay in Budget Accommodations: Look for budget-friendly accommodations near the gorilla trekking starting point. Places like guesthouses, hostels, and budget lodges can be significantly cheaper than luxury lodges. You can also explore options like camping if available.
- Self-Drive or Shared Transport: Depending on your travel preferences, you can opt for self-driving to the gorilla trekking location, which can be more budget-friendly, or share transportation with others to split costs.
- Bring Your Own Snacks: During the trek, you’ll need some energy. Carry your snacks and a refillable water bottle to avoid spending extra on food and drinks.
- Bargain for Souvenirs: If you want to buy souvenirs, don’t hesitate to bargain with local vendors for a better price.
- Pack Light: Avoid excessive baggage fees by packing light. Gorilla trekking usually involves some hiking, so you’ll want to keep your load manageable.
- Choose a Shorter Trek: Gorilla trekking can vary in length and difficulty. You can choose a shorter and less strenuous trek to save energy and reduce costs.
- Research Local Tour Operators: Research and compare prices from different local tour operators. Some may offer more budget-friendly packages, so be sure to read reviews and ask for recommendations. We recommend you choose Eco Adventure Safaris to plan for you Gorilla Trekking in Uganda on a tight budget.
Remember that gorilla trekking is a sensitive activity, and the authorities prioritize the conservation of these endangered animals. Follow all guidelines and ethical practices during your trek to ensure the safety and well-being of the gorillas and the natural environment.
While it’s possible to do Gorilla Trekking in Uganda on a tight budget, be prepared for some trade-offs in terms of comfort and convenience. It’s also crucial to plan well in advance to secure permits and make necessary arrangements.
Budget gorilla treks in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park?
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest is done in 4 sectors which include Buhoma, Ruhija, Nkuringo and Rushaga. Buhoma sector is located in the northern part of Bwindi and Ruhija sector in the North Eastern part of Bwindi both sectors are located close to Queen Elizabeth National Park making it easy to combine gorilla trekking with game viewing if you are trekking at these sectors. In the southern Part of Bwindi it is where Rushaga and Nkuringo sectors are located close to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park for gorilla trekking and Golden monkey tracking. Each sector has different habituated mountain gorilla families open for gorilla trekking with Rushaga sector having many families compared to other sectors.
How much is Bwindi gorilla trekking
A Gorilla Permit costs USD700 per person per trek for Foreign Non-Residents, USD600 for East African Residents and USD70 for East African Citizens. This Gorilla permit gives you an opportunity to spend one hour encounter with mountain gorillas in Bwindi Forest once you find them on your trek. A 3 Day Gorilla Trekking in Uganda on a tight budget from Rwanda costs USD1290 per person all inclusive.
How to book the budget gorilla treks in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
You will need to secure your gorilla permit in advance to confirm you have booked Uganda gorilla trekking. Gorilla trekking permits are purchased from Uganda Wildlife Authority, this can be done at their headquarters in Kampala or Kisoro for tourists arriving in Uganda through Entebbe it is recommended to purchase their gorilla permits from Kampala and for tourists arriving in Uganda through Kigali they can purchase their permits at the branch headquarter of Uganda Wildlife Authority in Kisoro town which is 1-2 hours drive to Bwindi. Eco Adventure Safaris is one of the best gorilla safari companies which can purchase for you your gorilla permit in advance and on short notice, once you confirm your dates and share them with us via email or WhatsApp we will first tentatively reserve the gorilla permits for you online and then send you an invoice for you to make payment and once money comes through on our account we will purchase your gorilla permits immediately and send you scan copies of your permits for your records and perusal and this will confirm you have purchase your gorilla permits for your gorilla
What is the best time to go Gorilla Trekking in Uganda?
The best time to go for gorilla trekking in Uganda is during the drier months of January, February, June to early September, this is makes it easier to travel to the park and gives a clear view of gorillas given the vegetation cover is not too much high grown
What to wear during Gorilla Trekking in Uganda?
You might be probably wondering what to wear for your trek, below is a compiled list on what to wear;
- A long armed sweater since the park gets cold
- 2 pairs of long trousers
- Water proof hiking boots
- A hat and sun glasses depending on the weather though this is optional
- Cameras and long lasting batteries since photography are very important to keep your memories alive. Always remember to keep our flash off.
- A pair of Binoculars. This will help you to see the vast birds Bwindi impenetrable forest has among other primates
- Gardening Gloves; these will help you when you a holding onto trees are branches through the trek.
- A rain coat; Since Bwindi impenetrable forest is rainforest, the rain is unpredictable so to be on a safer side, you will be required to carry along a coat.
- A mosquito Repellent; since it is a forest, it has different dangerous insects so it’s advisable to carry it along or wear it
- A sun screen; Well this is optional but depending on the season, it might get too hot and you end up getting sun burns on your skin so to avoid that, you will need a sun screen.
- You should not wear very bright colors since this will charge or scare away the gorillas.
- Black and Blue colors are also not recommended since they attract Tsetse Flies So I would recommend neutral colors.
Where to stay during the budget gorilla treks
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest National Park is done in the northern part that is Buhoma and Ruhija and in southern part that is Rushaga and Nkuringo sectors. In Rushaga lodges, you can stay at Rushaga Gorilla camp, Four Gorillas Lodge, Rushaga Gorilla Havens Lodge, Nsongi Camp, Icumbi Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Valley Lodge and Karungi Camp. In Nkuringo lodges you can stay at Nkuringo Bwindi gorilla lodge, Clouds Mountain gorilla lodge or Lake Mutanda Resort, all these lodges are close to the start point of Gorilla Habituation and Gorilla trekking.
In the northern part, in Buhoma sector you can stay at Buhoma Lodge, Bwindi Lodge, Buhoma Community Rest Camp, Ride 4 a Woman among others, In Ruhija you can stay at Trekkers Tavern Cottages, Agandi Eco Lodge, Gift of Nature Lodge, Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge, and Broadbill Tented Camp among others.
Why book Gorilla Trekking in Uganda on a tight budget Through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator in Uganda, we take pride in customizing tailor-made Gorilla trekking in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Including Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali Rwanda. We have a very diligent and trust worthy team. Your queries are answered within 20 minutes by our team of professional tour consultants. These consultants will make you a travel plan for you, answer to all your questions and make sure all your services are booked in advance for you to avoid inconveniences. We also have very knowledgeable safari guides depending on your language preferences. Contact us here about Gorilla Trekking in Uganda on a tight budget.