Gorilla trekking in Bwindi starting from RushagaMay 21, 2022
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi starting from BuhomaMay 21, 2022
Are you planning and interested in Booking Gorilla trekking in Bwindi starting from Nkuringo, yes it is possible with Eco Adventure Safaris, we have mastered the art making sure you secure the gorilla permits even if it tends to be hard especially during the high season during the months of June to September every year. During this time there are always many travelers interested in booking gorilla trekking in Bwindi and this makes the services and gorilla permits sell out making it had for travelers to do their treks in Nkuringo forcing them to opt for other sectors in the park.
About Nkuringo sector
Nkuringo sector is located in the southern part of Bwindi, Nkuringo is home to Nkuringo family, Bushaho family and Christmas family available for trekking. Nkruingo is located on higher altitudes, which make trekking in this region very strenuous and hard. The sector is recommended for the young, adventurers and energetic travelers and those interested in something beyond just seeing gorillas but also hiking. While in this area it’s clear and straightforward to see the Virunga Volcanoes in Uganda and Rwanda and may give you ideas to visit the region.
Important things to consider when planning Gorilla trekking in Bwindi starting from Nkuringo.
Booking your gorilla permits in advance for trekking in Nkuringo
When planning Gorilla trekking in Bwindi starting from Nkuringo we recommend you book your gorilla permits atleast 3 to 4 month prior your gorilla safari date. This is because during high season permits sell out in advance on first come first serve basis. You need a gorilla permits to be allowed to trek mountain gorillas in Nkuringo, this costs USD700 for Foreign nonresidents, USD600 for Foreign residents and 250,000 Uganda Shillings for East Africa Citizens and this gives an opportunity to spend one hour encounter with the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi.
Staying in budget lodges in Nkuringo
This is very important to consider when planning a budget gorilla trek to Nkuringo during high season, for you to have a great experience and comfort during your safari it is great to stay in luxury accommodations. Nkuringo has few budget lodge options from which you can choose from and options and the best budget option is camping. You can as well stay at budget Lodges in Rushaga and from here you will be able to trek gorillas in Nkuringo.
Comfortable travel to Nkuringo
You should consider travelling in 4×4 Land cruisers this will give you comfort on the road to Nkuringo. There is also an option of flying to Kisoro Airstrip which is close to Nkuringo; this will help cut the long drive from Entebbe/Kampala which is normally 8-9 hours drives to only 2 hour drive that you spend from Kisoro Airstrip to your lodge in Nkuringo.
What to wear during Gorilla Trekking in Nkuringo
You might be probably wondering what to wear for your trek, below is a compiled list on what to wear;
- A long armed sweater since the park gets cold
- 2 pairs of long trousers
- Water proof hiking boots
- A hat and sun glasses depending on the weather though this is optional
- Cameras and long lasting batteries since photography are very important to keep your memories alive. Always remember to keep our flash off.
- A pair of Binoculars. This will help you to see the vast birds Bwindi impenetrable forest has among other primates
- Gardening Gloves; these will help you when you a holding onto trees are branches through the trek.
- A rain coat; Since Bwindi impenetrable forest is rainforest, the rain is unpredictable so to be on a safer side, you will be required to carry along a coat.
- A mosquito Repellent; since it is a forest, it has different dangerous insects so its advisable to carry it along or wear it
- A sun screen; Well this is optional but depending on the season, it might get too hot and you end up getting sun burns on your skin so to avoid that, you will need a sun screen.
- You should not wear very bright colors since this will charge or scare away the gorillas.
- Black and Blue colors are also not recommended since they attract Tsetse flies So I would recommend neutral colors.
How to get Nkuringo Sector for Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
By Air: You can get to Nkuringo by air which is faster and less tiresome. Aero link is a domestic airline offering both schedule and charter flights to Kisoro Airstrip from where you connect to Nkuringo. There is no direct flight to Nkuringo but you can be dropped off to Kisoro Airstrip where you will be picked up by our professional guide and dropped at your lodge. The drive time from Kisoro to a nearby lodge is approximately 1 hour.
By Road: Nkuringo can be accessed through the main high-way road from Entebbe/Kampala which approximately 8-9 hours drive. You will pass through Kabale town and proceed to Nkuringo. The Park can also be accessed from Kigali, Rwanda which is approximately 4-5 hours drive.
Why book Gorilla trekking in Bwindi starting from Nkuringo with Eco Adventure Safaris
Eco Adventure Safaris takes pride in customizing tailor made safaris. It has a very diligent and trust worthy team. Your queries are answered within 20minutes by our team of professional tour consultants. These consultants will make you a travel plan for you, answer to all your questions and make sure all your services are booked in advance for you to avoid inconveniences. We also have very knowledgeable safari guides depending on your language preferences. Feel free to contact us about Gorilla trekking in Bwindi starting from Nkuringo.