What to expect on a Safari in BurundiOctober 13, 2023
Steps you need to take to see Gorillas in DR CongoOctober 21, 2023
Are you in Bujumbura, Burundi or you are planning to Fly to Bujumbura and trek Gorillas in Congo and Uganda Gorilla Tour from Bujumbura the best option for Lowland Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park which also includes in a city tour in Burundi where you will see the Royal drummers, this is one of the most exceptional adventures that will reward you with lifetime experience while on safari in Africa? When it comes to Africa safaris, gorilla trekking with Eco Adventure Safaris in the Democratic Republic of Cong (DRC) has got it all for you to make your dreams come true! In this expedition, you have the opportunity to trek a unique sub-specie of gorilla known as Eastern Lowland Gorilla which is endemic to the DRC.
Yes, it is possible for you to Fly to Bujumbura and trek Gorillas in Congo and Uganda, you will trek the Eastern Lowland Gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National Park in DR Congo, you will also trek the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park in Uganda.
DEPARTURES AND RETURN
Traveler pickup is offered from Bujumbura, Burundi
Trip will end in Kigali, Rwanda or back to Bujumbura
Itinerary to Fly to Bujumbura and trek Gorillas in Congo and Uganda
Day 1: Transfer from Bujumbura, Burundi to Bukavu town in Congo
Pick up from Bujumbura, Burundi and drive via the Ruzizi Rwanda – DR Congo border. Upon your arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel in Bukavu. Take the rest of the evening unwinding at your hotel.
Drive time 4-5 hours
Overnight at Nediva Hotel Bukavu
Day 2. Eastern Lowland Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park DR Congo
In the morning, you will head for the memorable adventure of trekking the lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National Park. Trekking lowland Gorillas is amazing, lowland Gorillas differ from the mountain gorillas, the lowland gorillas are bigger in size, usually takes 1-4 hours tracking the lowland Gorillas. The lowland Gorillas stay in bigger families as compared to mountain gorillas; you will not regret the safari effort once you meet the amazing Gorillas! Later in the afternoon drive back to your hotel.
Day 3. Proceed to Kigali for a city tour and overnight
In the morning after breakfast you will do a city Tour in Bukavu DR Congo after you will drive to Kigali, Rwanda for overnight to break the journey.
Day 4: Travel from Kigali to the Uganda-Rwanda Border
- Start by traveling from Kigali to the Cyanika or Gatuna border post on the Rwanda-Uganda border. This journey can take around 3-4 hours by road, depending on your exact starting point in Kigali and the border post you choose.
- Cross the Border into Uganda
- At the border post, you’ll need to go through immigration and customs procedures to enter Uganda. Ensure you have all necessary travel documents, including a valid passport, visa (if required), and any permits for gorilla trekking in Uganda.
- Travel to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Once you’re officially in Uganda, you’ll need to continue your journey to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This is one of the prime locations for gorilla trekking in Uganda. The travel time from the border to Bwindi can vary depending on which sector of the park you intend to visit, but it can take anywhere from 3 to 6 hours by road.
Day 5: Gorilla Trekking Experience in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Join a guided gorilla trekking tour, which typically starts early in the morning. You’ll hike through the dense forest with experienced guides and trackers to locate a gorilla family. Once you find them, you’ll have a limited amount of time (usually one hour) to observe and photograph these incredible creatures in their natural habitat.
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has several trekking starting points, each leading to different gorilla families. Common starting points include Buhoma, Ruhija, Rushaga, and Nkuringo. Ensure you have a permit for the specific gorilla family and sector you wish to visit.
Day 6: Return to Kigali
After your gorilla trekking adventure in Uganda, you can choose to return to Kigali, Rwanda, the same day or stay overnight in Uganda. When you’re ready to return to Kigali, follow the same route back to the Rwanda-Uganda border and complete the immigration and customs procedures for re-entry into Rwanda.
PAYMENT TERMS: This Safari Tour Requires 30% deposit upon booking and the rest to be paid 4 weeks to the safari.
VALIDITY: Bookings are subject to availability at the time of confirmation.
- An accommodation of 3 nights
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission in the park
- Kahuzi Biega National Gorilla permit $400
- Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permit $700
- Congolese visa fees (105$)
- Travel insurance (accident and sickness)
- International flights
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, etc.)
Any cancellation of a booking by a Client, shall be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company. The date on which the Company receives the correspondence (Notification), will determine the cancellation charge, if any.
a) 0% of total tour cost is forfeited for cancellation made 60 days or more before departure.
b) 30% of total tour cost is forfeited for cancellations made between 30 and 59 days before departure.
c) 70% of total tour cost is forfeited for cancellations made fewer (less than 30) days before departure.
Why book the Congo and Uganda Gorilla Tour from Bujumbura with Eco Adventure Safaris
Eco Adventure Safaris is experienced in organizing amazing gorilla safari experiences to Uganda and Rwanda. We are also highly rated and reviewed on Trip Advisor. We combine gorilla trekking safaris with eco-friendly and unforgettable high-end adventure and wildlife safaris that help preserve biodiversity, conserve wildlife and uplift local communities, these include chimpanzee trekking, Big 5 safaris and game viewing, Mountain Hiking, Boat cruises excursions and Cultural encounters to give you a memorable and best African Safari experience including popular and great African safari destinations Tanzania, Kenya, Botswana and Namibia. Feel free to contact us for more information about Fly to Bujumbura and trek Gorillas in Congo and Uganda.