Which area is best for Gorilla Trekking in BwindiJune 25, 2023
How difficult is Gorilla Habituation Experience TrekJune 25, 2023
Are you are interested in trekking gorillas in Rwanda but you also want to explore Burundi, then the best option is to Fly into Bujumbura and Trek Gorillas in Rwanda, for this option you need 3 days trip which will also give you an opportunity to visit the Royal drums in Burundi and do a city tour in Bujumbura, after you will proceed to Rwanda to trek Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park.
To Fly into Bujumbura and Trek Gorillas in Rwanda you can follow these steps:
- Flight to Bujumbura: Look for international flights to Bujumbura International Airport (BJM), the main international airport in Burundi. You can search for flights on various travel websites or directly through airlines. Make sure to select Bujumbura as your destination.
- Entry requirements: Check the visa requirements for Burundi and ensure that you have the necessary documentation. Some nationalities may require a visa to enter Burundi, while others may be eligible for visa-on-arrival or visa-free entry. Verify the latest information with the Burundian embassy or consulate in your country.
- Arrival in Bujumbura: Upon arrival at Bujumbura International Airport, proceed through immigration, collect your luggage, and clear customs. Ensure that you have arranged transportation to your accommodation in Bujumbura beforehand.
- Exploring Bujumbura: Take some time to explore Bujumbura, the capital city of Burundi, if you wish. You can visit attractions like Lake Tanganyika, Rusizi National Park, the Livingstone-Stanley Monument, and the Bujumbura Central Market. Remember to check local travel advisories and consult with your accommodation or local tour operators for any safety concerns or recommended places to visit.
- Travel to Rwanda: From Bujumbura, you can travel to Rwanda by road or air. The most common route is to travel by road, which takes approximately 4-5 hours from Bujumbura to Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda. You can hire a private car or take a shared taxi or bus. Make sure to have the necessary travel documents for crossing the border into Rwanda.
- Gorilla trekking in Rwanda: Once you reach Kigali, you can plan your gorilla trekking adventure in Volcanoes National Park, which is located in the northern part of Rwanda. Volcanoes National Park is renowned for its population of mountain gorillas. You will need to arrange a permit in advance through the Rwanda Development Board (RDB) or authorized tour operators. Gorilla trekking permits are limited and can be in high demand, so it’s advisable to book well in advance.
- Trekking experience: On the day of your gorilla trek, you’ll join a guided group and hike through the lush rainforest of Volcanoes National Park to locate and observe one of the habituated gorilla families. The trek can vary in duration and difficulty, depending on the location of the gorilla group. Once you find them, you’ll have a limited amount of time to observe and take photos while maintaining a respectful distance.
- Accommodation: There are various accommodation options near Volcanoes National Park, ranging from luxury lodges to budget-friendly guesthouses. It’s recommended to book your accommodation in advance to ensure availability during your visit.
- Other activities: While in Rwanda, you can explore other attractions such as Nyungwe Forest National Park, Akagera National Park, Kigali Genocide Memorial, and Lake Kivu, among others. Consider adding these destinations to your itinerary if you have enough time.
How to book a Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
For you to book a Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda, you will need to have a your gorilla permit secured in advance from Rwanda Development Board to confirm that you are booked for gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park for a given date. Once you have your planned dates of travel confirmed we will need you to send us an email at Eco Adventure Safaris so that we check for the availability of gorilla permits online with the Rwanda Development Board once we confirm permits are available for your planned dates we will let you know so that we can send you an invoice for you to make payment for the permits. Once the payment is done and we have received it on our account we will go ahead and purchase your permits immediately and send you a scanned copy of the permits for your records and perusal, this will confirm you are booked for Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes Gorilla National Park
How much is a Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
The Gorilla permit price shares a much more cost for any Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda on top of other services like transport, accommodation and guiding. A gorilla permit costs USD1500 for the Foreign nonresident, USD500 for the foreign resident and USD200 for the East African Citizen per person per trek, this gorilla permit gives you an opportunity to spend one hour encountering with the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park. On top of the gorilla permit you will also pay other services for a successful gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda which include transport, accommodation and guiding. Our 3 Day Gorilla trekking Safari in Rwanda all inclusive costs USD2700 per person sharing in a group of 2, USD3100 for a solo traveler, USD2600 for 3 people per person sharing and USD2500 for 4 people per person sharing. Contact us here and we will book for you according
Where to stay during your Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
Given the fact travel now is being affected by Covid-19 providing us a new normal way as per the Rwanda government directive with international travelers arriving in Rwanda will have to take a second PCR test that will be conducted upon arrival with results delivered within 24 hours during which time they will remain in designated hotels at own cost, this means you will not have to go to Volcanoes National park directly upon arrival.
Accommodation in Volcanoes National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Sabinyo Silverback Lodge, Bisate Lodge, Virunga Volcanoes Lodge, Five Volcanoes Hotels and Mountain Gorillas’ Nest Lodge. The price ranges from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night.
The Midrange lodge options at Volcanoes National Park include Mountain Gorilla View Lodge and Lebambou Gorilla Lodge, Davinci Lodge. For budget accommodation in Volcanoes National Park the options are many from basic accommodation to camping which include Kinigi Hotel, Hotel Muhabura, Gorilla Solution Lodge, Villa Gorilla, Virunga Hotel, Faraji Hotel and La Palme Hotel or Home Inn.
How to access Volcanoes National Park?
When you choose to Fly into Bujumbura and Trek Gorillas in Rwanda, Volcanoes National Park can be best accessed by road; the drive from Bujumbura to Volcanoes National Park is 7 to 8 hours. Your driver guide will meet you for a short briefing at the designated hotel then set off to the park through the beautiful sceneries of the 1000 hills of Rwanda giving you an opportunity for a stop for photographs and sightseeing.
Why Book with Eco Adventure Safaris your Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator which conducts Uganda and Rwanda tours. Our team has expertise in adventure Tour/Safaris Operations in Uganda Tour African Safaris, Tanzania African safaris, Kenya Tours Safaris, Rwanda African Safaris, Congo DRC African Safaris, and Zanzibar Safaris that run in the respective destinations hence detailing about us. Meanwhile, we operate in the other popular East African destinations of Kenya and Tanzania through partnerships that we have established with highly regarded and like-minded local tour operators. We organize private tours for individuals and also offer ground handling for travel companies and agents from around the world. We are very passionate about Eco-tourism and preserving nature and so our tours are organized in a way that respects the environment and local cultures. Contact us here about why Fly into Bujumbura and Trek Gorillas in Rwanda