How much does a gorilla trekking tour cost in UgandaDecember 19, 2023
Express Gorilla Habituation Trip in UgandaDecember 22, 2023
Are you interested in flying to Serengeti National Park from Arusha, Flights from Arusha to the Serengeti National Park are available and these are typically operated by small regional airlines or charter companies, as there are no major international airports in the Serengeti itself. The primary airport in the Serengeti region is the Seronera Airstrip, which serves as the gateway to the Serengeti National Park.
To book Flights from Arusha to Serengeti, you can follow these general steps:
- Choose your departure point: In Arusha, you can depart from Arusha Airport or other nearby airports, such as Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) or Arusha Regional Airport (ARK).
- Select an airline or charter company: Some of the regional airlines that operate flights to the Serengeti include Coastal Aviation, Regional Air, and Auric Air, among others. You can contact these airlines directly or use online travel agencies to book your tickets.
- Check flight availability and schedules: Flight schedules to the Serengeti may vary depending on the season and demand. It’s a good idea to check with the airline or use online booking platforms to find available flights.
- Book your flight: Once you’ve identified a suitable flight, you can make a reservation and purchase your tickets. Be sure to provide the necessary passenger information and pay for your tickets.
- Confirm details: Double-check your flight details, including departure times, baggage allowance, and any other important information provided by the airline.
- Arrive at the airport: Arrive at the designated airport in Arusha for your departure. Make sure to arrive well in advance of your flight’s departure time to complete check-in procedures and security checks.
- Enjoy your flight: The flight from Arusha to the Serengeti is relatively short, typically lasting around 1 to 2 hours, depending on the exact route and aircraft used. During the flight, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy scenic views of Tanzania’s landscapes.
- Arrival in the Serengeti: Upon arrival at the Seronera Airstrip or another airstrip in the Serengeti, you’ll be greeted by park rangers and guides who can assist you with your onward safari adventure.
How much are the flights from Arusha to Serengeti National Park
The cost of a flight from Arusha to the Serengeti can vary significantly depending on several factors, including the airline or charter company you choose, the time of year, the type of aircraft, and the class of service. here is a general range of prices you might expect for a one-way flight:
- Scheduled Flights: Scheduled flights with regional airlines like Coastal Aviation, Regional Air, or Auric Air typically cost between $150 and $300 or more per person for a one-way ticket in economy class. Prices may be higher during the peak safari season (June to October).
- Charter Flights: Charter flights, which can be arranged through various companies, offer more flexibility in terms of departure times and destinations within the Serengeti. The cost of charter flights can vary widely based on factors like the size of the aircraft and the number of passengers. Charter flights can range from $300 to $1,000 or more per person, depending on the specifics of your charter.
- Time of Year: Prices for flights can also be influenced by the time of year. The dry season (from June to October) is the peak safari season, and ticket prices may be higher during this time due to increased demand.
- Class of Service: Some airlines offer different classes of service, with business or premium class seats being more expensive than economy class.
Which airlines operate flights from Arusha to Serenegti
Several airlines and charter companies operate flights from Arusha to the Serengeti. Keep in mind that flight schedules and operators may change over time, so it’s essential to verify the current options when planning your trip. Some of the airlines that typically offer flights between Arusha and the Serengeti include:
- Coastal Aviation: Coastal Aviation is a reputable regional airline in Tanzania that provides scheduled and charter flights to various destinations within Tanzania, including the Serengeti. They operate daily flights to different airstrips in the Serengeti.
- Regional Air: Regional Air is another regional airline in Tanzania that offers flights to the Serengeti. They provide scheduled services between Arusha and Seronera Airstrip in the Serengeti.
- Auric Air: Auric Air is a domestic airline in Tanzania that serves several destinations, including the Serengeti. They operate flights from Arusha to Seronera Airstrip and other airstrips in the Serengeti.
- Safari Air Link: Safari Air Link is a charter airline that specializes in connecting travelers to various safari destinations in Tanzania, including the Serengeti. They offer charter flights tailored to your specific safari itinerary.
- ZanAir: ZanAir is another airline that provides scheduled flights between Arusha and the Serengeti, with options to land at various Serengeti airstrips.
- Bush 2 City Adventure: This company offers both scheduled and charter flights to the Serengeti from Arusha and other locations in Tanzania.
The best time to book a flight from Arusha to Serengeti
The best time to book a flight from Arusha to the Serengeti depends on several factors, including your travel dates, budget, and preferences. Here are some considerations to help you decide when to book your flight:
- Peak Season vs. Low Season: The Serengeti experiences peak tourist seasons and low seasons. The peak season is generally from June to October when the Great Migration is in full swing, and wildlife viewing is excellent. During this time, demand for flights and accommodations is high, so it’s advisable to book well in advance, preferably several months ahead of your travel date, to secure your flights and accommodations.
- Shoulder Seasons: The shoulder seasons, which are from November to December and from March to May, offer a balance between good wildlife viewing and lower prices for flights and accommodations. Booking a few months in advance is still recommended, but you may have more flexibility in finding availability.
- Low Season: The low season, which is from January to February, is the wet season in the Serengeti. While prices are lower during this time, it’s not the best time for wildlife viewing due to the rain. If you plan to travel during this period, you can book your flights closer to your travel date, but it’s still a good idea to secure your arrangements in advance to avoid last-minute availability issues.
- Last-Minute Deals: If you have flexibility in your travel plans and can book last-minute, you might find deals on flights during the low season or even during the shoulder seasons if airlines have unsold seats.
- Special Events or Festivals: If you plan to visit during a special event or festival, such as the Serengeti Festival or cultural celebrations, it’s advisable to book well in advance as these events can attract more visitors.
- Weekdays vs. Weekends: Flights are often cheaper on weekdays (Tuesday through Thursday) than on weekends (Friday through Sunday). If your travel dates are flexible, consider booking mid-week flights to potentially save on fares.
In summary, the best time to book your flight from Arusha to Serengeti depends on your travel preferences and the season you plan to visit. For peak season travel, booking several months in advance is recommended. During the shoulder and low seasons, you may have more flexibility in booking closer to your travel date. However, always keep an eye on flight availability and monitor prices to ensure you secure the best deal for your specific travel plans.
Book through Eco Adventure Safaris your Flights from Arusha to Serengeti.
Contact us on WhatsApp +256773234876