3 Day Quick Gorilla Trek from KampalaJune 11, 2023
3 Day Quick Gorilla Trek in Congo from KigaliJune 11, 2023
The End of Year Zanzibar Beach Holiday is one of the wonderful safari to do for those visiting Africa. Zanzibar is a beautiful destination known for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and rich cultural heritage. Here’s a guide to help you plan your End of Year Zanzibar Beach Holiday:
- Best Time to Visit: Zanzibar has a tropical climate, with two distinct seasons. The best time to visit is from June to October when the weather is dry and pleasant. However, the end of the year, around November and December, can also be a great time to visit, with warm temperatures and occasional rainfall.
- Choosing a Beach: Zanzibar offers a variety of stunning beaches, each with its own unique charm. Some popular choices include Nungwi, Kendwa, Paje, and Matemwe. Consider what activities you enjoy, such as snorkeling, diving, or simply relaxing on the beach, and choose a beach that suits your preferences.
- Accommodation: Zanzibar has a wide range of accommodation options, from luxury resorts to boutique hotels and budget-friendly guesthouses. Nungwi and Kendwa are known for their upscale resorts, while Paje and Jambiani offer a more laid-back atmosphere with smaller guesthouses and beachfront lodges. It’s advisable to book your accommodation well in advance, especially during the holiday season.
- Activities: Zanzibar offers an array of activities for beachgoers. You can spend your days lounging on the beach, swimming in the clear waters, or trying your hand at water sports like snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, or kiteboarding. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the coral reefs, as Zanzibar is known for its vibrant marine life.
- Stone Town: While you’re in Zanzibar, make sure to visit Stone Town, the island’s historic capital. This UNESCO World Heritage site is famous for its winding alleys, ancient architecture, and vibrant markets. Explore the local spice markets, visit the Sultan’s Palace, and immerse yourself in the island’s rich cultural heritage.
- Local Cuisine: Zanzibari cuisine is a fusion of African, Arab, and Indian influences. Don’t miss the chance to try traditional dishes like Zanzibar pizza, biryani, pilau rice, and freshly caught seafood. You can also visit Forodhani Gardens in Stone Town, where you’ll find a bustling night market with a variety of street food stalls.
- Relaxation and Wellness: Zanzibar is an ideal destination for relaxation and rejuvenation. Many resorts and beachfront properties offer spa treatments, yoga classes, and wellness activities. Take the opportunity to unwind and pamper yourself in this serene tropical paradise.
For the End of Year Zanzibar Beach Holiday Pack essentials like sunscreen, hats, beachwear, and insect repellent. Finally, don’t forget to capture the beautiful moments and create lasting memories of your end-of-year Zanzibar beach holiday.
Popular End of Year Zanzibar Beach Holiday Trip offers
- 5 Days Large Group Tour to Zanzibar
- 5 Days Tanzania Wildlife Safari
- 5 Days Beach Holiday on Zanzibar Island
- 7 Days Tanzania Northern Safari Circuit
- 7 Day Climbing Kilimanjaro via the Machame route
- 9 Days Best of Serengeti Great Migration Safari
- 10 Days Best of Tanzania Safari
- 11 Days Gorillas and Tanzania Safari
- 13 Days Combined Kenya and Tanzania Trip
Things to do and see during the End of Year Zanzibar Beach Holiday
Zanzibar Island is home to various fauna and flora reflecting its connection to the African mainland during the last Ice Age. The Island has endemic mammals which include Zanzibar red colobus one of Africa’s rarest primates this can be seen at Jozani forest, coatal thickests and coral rag scrub as well as the mangrove swamps found on the Island. Other animals on the Island include Zanzibar leopard, monkeys, bush pigs, small antelopes, various species pf mongoose and African Civets. At the Island you will also have an opportunity to see a wide variety of birdlife and butterflies.
The most famous event at Zanzibar Island is the Zanzibar International Film Festival also known as the Festival of the Dhow Countries. It is attended by various film makers every year and tourists. This takes place every July showcasing the best of the Swahili Coast art scenes and traditional favorite music.
Zanzibar Island is also home to beautiful architectural features found in the Stone Town. These include the Guliani Bridge, the livingstone house, The old dispensary of Zanzibar the house of wonders, Ngome Kongwe (The Old Fort of Zanzibar) among others.
Tanzania Visa and work permit Advice
For you to go for a Beach Holiday to Zanzibar Island, you will need to purchase the tourist visa. Many travelers prefer obtaining their visas before they come to Tanzania but visas can be obtained easily upon arrival at any entry point in Tanzania upon paying USD100.00 for Tourist Visa you will be able to get it immediately. Proof of yellow fever vaccination and a COVID-19 free certificate may be asked if arriving from affected countries. Visa, work permit and other entry and exit conditions such as customs and quarantine regulations can change regularly. We advise you contact your local Tanzanian embassy or here for the latest travel information to Tanzania.
Vehicle Hire Services on Large Group Tours to Zanzibar
Eco Adventure Safaris will help you organize transport while on Zanzibar Island depending on their interest, budget and the nature of roads in such selected locations. We recommend Customized 4×4 Land Cruisers which costs from USD200-250 per vehicle per day with Driver/Fixer or 4×4 Safari Vans from USD200 per Van per day with driver. For us to estimate how much it will cost in terms of fuel, we will need to look at your safari schedule to establish mileage and distance to be travelled.
Where best to stay on Zanzibar Island during End of Year Zanzibar Beach Holiday
Lodge options to stay in during Beach Holiday to Zanzibar Island range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options. You will choose what to stay in depending on your interests and budget. Lodges on Zanzibar Island include Ananda Beach House, White Paradise Zanzibar, Rumaisa Hotel, Zanbluu Beach Hotel, Evergreen Bungalows, Shanuo Beach Bungalows and Simba Garden Lodge among others.
How to get to Zanzibar Island
By road: You can get to Zanzibar Island by bus from Arusha to Dar es Salaam then connect to the Island by a ferry. The bus Journey is over 650km which can take approximately more than 10 hours drive.
By Air: There are daily scheduled flights to Zanzibar Island from Arusha. Getting to the Island easily it is advised to fly rather than drive.
What is the best time to visit Zanzibar Island?
Beach Holiday on Zanzibar Island is done throughout the year and the best time is during the months of December to February and then June to October which is relatively drier than March to May and November. The best is during the Zanzibar International Film Festival which takes place in July every year where you will have a chance to shoot various series at the Island.
Why book the End of Year Zanzibar Beach Holiday with Eco Adventure Safaris
Eco Adventure Safaris is experienced in organizing amazing safari experiences to Tanzania and Beach Holidays Zanzibar Island. We are also highly rated and reviewed on trip Advisor. We combine Tanzania safaris with eco-friendly and unforgettable high-end adventure and wildlife safaris that help preserve biodiversity, conserve wildlife and uplift local communities, these include gorilla trekking, chimpanzee trekking, Big 5 safaris and game viewing, Mountain Hiking, Boat cruises excursions and Cultural encounters to give you a memorable and best African Safari experience including popular and great African safari destinations Kenya, Botswana and Namibia. Feel free to contact us about booking the End of Year Zanzibar Beach Holiday.