The Updated Uganda Gorilla Permit Prices for 2024 2025 to 2026January 23, 2024
The best option for gorilla trekking in UgandaJanuary 27, 2024
Are you a citizen in Africa and you are planning a trip to Uganda to visit the gorillas in 2024, 2025 or 2026 now we have an offer for the Discounted Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permits at $500 for Africans. On top of the permits, you will need to cover others for a successful trip, the cost of a gorilla trekking tour in Uganda can vary from one tour operator to another. Eco Adventure Safaris 3-Day Gorilla Safari in Uganda cost ranges from about $1200 (budget) to $3990 (luxury) per person. A 10-Day Gorilla Safari Tour in Uganda costs ranges from $4900 (budget) to $6500 (luxury) per person.
African citizens outside East Africa will now pay $500 for gorilla trekking permits in Uganda starting 2024-2026 which gives you a chance to meet the Mountain gorillas for 1 hour in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
The cost of a gorilla trekking tour in Uganda can vary widely depending on several factors, including the tour operator quotation, the duration of the tour, the type of accommodation, and the time of year you choose to visit, here are some general price ranges:
- Permit Fees: The most significant cost is the gorilla trekking permit, which allows you to track and observe the gorillas. As of 2024-2026, the cost of a gorilla permit in Uganda for foreign non-residents was $800 per person per trek. For foreign residents the cost is $700 per person per trek, African citizens $500, and for East African citizens, the cost is significantly lower which is $70 which is approximately 250,000 Uganda shillings.
- Tour Packages: Tour operators in Uganda offer various packages that include transportation, accommodation, meals, and guided gorilla trekking. Prices for these packages can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars per person. Luxury packages with high-end accommodations and amenities are more expensive than budget options.
- Group Size: The size of the group you join can also affect the cost. Private or smaller group tours may be more expensive than joining a larger group.
- Time of Year: Peak tourist seasons tend to be more expensive than off-peak seasons. The high season for gorilla trekking in Uganda is typically from June to September and December to February, while the low season is from March to May and October to November during the low seasons you will benefit from the lodge discounts.
- Duration: The length of the tour can also influence the cost. Shorter tours may be less expensive than longer ones.
How many Gorilla Permits are available every day in Uganda?
Uganda has 194 Gorilla trekking permits available every day for gorilla trekking in Uganda. Gorilla trekking in Uganda also gives you the option to spend more time with the mountain gorillas through Gorilla habituation experience which is only done in Bwindi forest, gorilla habituation permits costs $1500 per person allowing you to spend 4 hours of encounter with the semi-habituated mountain gorillas under the guidance of trackers and researchers as opposed to one hour for the normal trekking. Getting gorilla permits in Uganda can be done directly by booking them through Uganda Wildlife Authority or through a trusted tour operator in Uganda like Eco Adventure Safaris Limited.
How to book Discounted Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permits at $500 for Africans?
Once you have your planned dates of travel confirmed we will need you to send us an email at so that we check for the availability of gorilla habituation permits online with the Uganda Wildlife Authority once we confirm permits are available for your planned dates we will let you know so that we can send you an invoice for you to make payment for the permits. Once the payment is done and we have received it on our account we will go ahead and purchase your permits immediately and send you a scanned copy of the permits for your records and perusal, this will confirm you are booked for Gorilla Trekking Experience in Bwindi Forest National Park. Booking permit for gorilla trekking is advised to book your Gorilla permits in advance at least 2-3 months prior your visit given the fact few permits are available per day and sell out very quickly on first come first serve basis.
What is the age limit for Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi?
The minimum age limit for Gorilla Trekking is 12 years and there in no maximum age, it all depends on fitness levels. Gorilla trekking for elders is now made possible especially in Bwindi forest through provision of sedan chair carriers, these chairs are used to carry those who feel unfit and are unable to walk into the forest at the time of their trek, you will be carried by potters to and from the forest during your trek, hiring the sedan chair can be done in advance or at the day of the trek and price ranges from 400-500 dollars.
What is the best time to go Gorilla Trekking in Uganda?
Gorilla trekking in Uganda is done throughout the year and the best time is during the drier months of January, February, June to early September, this makes it easier to travel to the park and gives a clear view of gorillas given the vegetation cover is not too much high grown.
What to pack for Gorilla Trekking?
During gorilla tracking you will need a comfortable, hard-wearing, pair of walking shoes or boots. Conditions are generally very muddy in the forest when it is raining. There are uphill sections which may be quite steep and strenuous. It is also advisable to wear a long sleeve cotton shirt and lightweight long trousers to protect yourself from the undergrowth, stinging nettles and biting ants.
Suggested Items to pack for Gorilla trekking;
• Insect Repellent
• Torch/Flashlight – and Spare Batteries
• Wet Wipes
• Water Bottle
• Camera and lenses
• Comfortable walking/hiking boots & socks
• Gardening gloves for gorilla tracking
• Sandals/strops/walking shoes
• Hat and Sunscreen
• Rain Jacket
• Binoculars (game/bird watching)
How to get to Bwindi Forest National Park
By Road; The southern sector of Bwindi Forest National Park can be accessed through the main safari circuit from Entebbe/Kampala which is approximately 8-9 hour drive. You will need to turn off at Muko along the Kabale-Kisoro road you will see the signpost of Uganda Wildlife Authority which you will follow upto to your booked lodge for accommodation in either Rushaga or Nkuringo sector.
By Air; You can fly from Entebbe International Airport or Kampala’s Kajjansi airfield to Kisoro airstrip to access the southern sectors of Rushaga and Nkuringo. Scheduled and chartered flights are available and operated by domestic airline operators of Aero Link and Fly Uganda. You will need to plan with your tour operator for a transfer from the airstrip to the Park
Why book Discounted Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permits at $500 for Africans Through Eco Adventure Safaris?
At Eco Adventure Safaris we provide personalized service with the utmost dedication to the safety and enjoyment of our clients. We are committed to the well-being of our staff and guests as well as to having a positive impact on the communities and wild places that our operations reach. On all our operations and safaris, we embrace the environmental ethic “Take Nothing but Photographs, Leave Only Footprints” all our packages are eco-friendly. Contact us here for more information about Discounted Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permits at $500 for Africans.