Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park from CyanguguSeptember 8, 2023
Which area is best for Chimpanzee Trekking in NyungweSeptember 8, 2023
Are you planning a trip to Africa and are interested in seeing the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda and the famous Victoria Falls, then Combining gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Zimbabwe Safari is the best safari for you to book, This safari is full of diversity and will create unforgettable African adventure for you. Here’s a suggested itinerary for combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Zimbabwe Safari:
Duration: 10-14 days (flexible)
Day 1-3: Arrival in Entebbe, Uganda
- Arrive in Entebbe, Uganda, and spend your first day recovering from jet lag.
- On the second day, explore Entebbe’s Botanical Gardens and visit the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre.
- On the third day, fly or drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Day 4-6: Uganda Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Spend three days trekking through Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to encounter mountain gorillas.
- Bwindi is home to several habituated gorilla families, and you’ll have the opportunity to observe them in their natural habitat.
Day 7: Return to Entebbe and Fly to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Return to Entebbe and catch a flight to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.
- Explore Victoria Falls, one of the world’s largest waterfalls, and enjoy activities like helicopter rides, sunset cruises, and guided tours.
Day 8-10: Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
- Drive or fly to Hwange National Park, known for its abundant wildlife.
- Spend three days on safari, exploring the park’s diverse ecosystems and witnessing the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhino).
- Stay in a comfortable lodge or camp in the park.
Day 11-13: Zambezi National Park and Chobe National Park
- Travel to Zambezi National Park, located near Victoria Falls. Enjoy game drives, boat safaris, and fishing trips along the Zambezi River.
- Cross the border into Botswana and visit Chobe National Park, famous for its large elephant herds and diverse wildlife.
- Spend two days exploring Chobe through game drives and boat safaris.
Day 14: Departure
- Depending on your departure flight, you may have some free time in Victoria Falls for last-minute shopping or additional activities.
- Depart from Victoria Falls Airport.
- Consider adding a visit to Matobo National Park in Zimbabwe to see ancient rock art and go rhino tracking.
- Explore the vibrant city of Cape Town, South Africa, or relax on its beautiful beaches.
Remember that this itinerary is flexible, and you can adjust the duration of your trip or add other destinations based on your interests and available time. Additionally, make sure to check visa requirements and health precautions for each country you plan to visit and consult with a travel expert Eco Adventure Safaris for the most up-to-date information on permits and accommodations for gorilla trekking in Uganda.
Best Time to visit Zimbabwe
The best time to visit Zimbabwe is during the months from early July to October. This is a cooler time of year with sunny days, pleasant evenings, and perfect temperatures. It’s a cooler time of year, with bright sunshine, lush green landscapes, fresh evenings, and temperatures anywhere between 64°F and 91°F.
How much is visiting gorillas in Uganda
A Gorilla Permit costs USD700 per person per trek for Foreign Non-Residents, USD600 for East African Residents and USD70 for East African Citizens. This Gorilla permit gives you an opportunity to spend one-hour encountering with mountain gorillas in Bwindi forest once you find them on your trek. A 3 Day Uganda gorilla trekking from Rwanda costs USD1290 per person all inclusive.
How to book visiting gorillas in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
You will need to secure your gorilla permit in advance to confirm you have booked Uganda gorilla trekking. Gorilla trekking permits are purchased from Uganda Wildlife Authority, this can be done at their headquarters in Kampala or Kisoro for tourists arriving in Uganda through Entebbe it is recommended to purchase their gorilla permits from Kampala and for tourists arriving in Uganda through Kigali they can purchase their permits at the branch headquarter of Uganda Wildlife Authority in Kisoro town which is 1-2 hours drive to Bwindi. Eco Adventure Safaris is one of the best gorilla safari companies that can purchase for you your gorilla permit in advance and on short notice, once you confirm your dates and share them with us via email or WhatsApp we will first tentatively reserve the gorilla permits for you online and then send you an invoice for you to make payment and once money comes through on our account we will purchase your gorilla permits immediately and send you scan copies of your permits for your records and perusal and this will confirm you have purchase your gorilla permits for your gorilla
What to park for this safari combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Zimbabwe Safari
You might be probably wondering what to wear for your gorilla trek in Uganda and safari in Zimbabwe, below is a compiled list on what to wear;
- A long armed sweater since the park gets cold
- 2 pairs of long trousers
- Water proof hiking boots
- A hat and sun glasses depending on the weather though this is optional
- Cameras and long lasting batteries since photography are very important to keep your memories alive. Always remember to keep our flash off.
- A pair of Binoculars. This will help you to see the vast birds Bwindi impenetrable forest has among other primates
- Gardening Gloves; these will help you when you a holding onto trees are branches through the trek.
- A rain coat; Since Bwindi impenetrable forest is rainforest, the rain is unpredictable so to be on a safer side, you will be required to carry along a coat.
- A mosquito Repellent; since it is a forest, it has different dangerous insects so its advisable to carry it along or wear it
- A sun screen; Well this is optional but depending on the season, it might get too hot and you end up getting sun burns on your skin so to avoid that, you will need a sun screen.
- You should not wear very bright colors since this will charge or scare away the gorillas.
- Black and Blue colors are also not recommended since they attract Tsetse flies So I would recommend neutral colors.
Where to stay during visiting gorillas in Uganda
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest National Park is done in the northern part that is Buhoma and Ruhija and in southern part that is Rushaga and Nkuringo sectors. In Rushaga lodges, you can stay at Rushaga Gorilla camp, Four Gorillas Lodge, Rushaga Gorilla Havens Lodge, Nsongi Camp, Icumbi Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Valley Lodge and Karungi Camp. In Nkuringo lodges you can stay at Nkuringo Bwindi gorilla lodge, Clouds Mountain gorilla lodge or Lake Mutanda Resort, all these lodges are close to the start point of Gorilla Habituation and Gorilla trekking.
In the northern part, in Buhoma sector you can stay at Buhoma Lodge, Bwindi Lodge, Buhoma Community Rest Camp, Ride 4 a Woman among others, In Ruhija you can stay at Trekkers Tavern Cottages, Agandi Eco Lodge, Gift of Nature Lodge, Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge, and Broadbill Tented Camp among others.
Why book this safari combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Zimbabwe Safari Through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator in Uganda, we take pride in customizing tailor made Gorilla trekking in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Including Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali Rwanda. We have a very diligent and trust worthy team. Your queries are answered within 20minutes by our team of professional tour consultants. These consultants will make you a travel plan for you, answer to all your questions and make sure all your services are booked in advance for you to avoid inconveniences.
We also have very knowledgeable safari guides depending on your language preferences. Contact us here about combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Zimbabwe Safari.