Combining gorilla trekking in Rwanda and chimp trekking in UgandaSeptember 4, 2023
Gorilla Tour from Kampala with pick up from Bus StationSeptember 4, 2023
Combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Mozambique Beach Holiday is one of the best African itineraries that will give you an opportunity to go gorilla trekking in Uganda after you will proceed to Mozambique via Maputo International Airport for the beach holiday which is a fantastic way to experience both the breathtaking wildlife and natural beauty of Africa. Here’s a suggested itinerary for you interested in Combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Mozambique Beach Holiday.
Duration: 10-14 days
1. Start in Entebbe, Uganda:
- Arrive in Entebbe, which is the main international gateway to Uganda.
- Spend a day or two recovering from your flight and exploring Entebbe’s attractions, like the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre and Botanical Gardens.
2. Travel to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest:
- Take a domestic flight or drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in southwestern Uganda.
- Spend several days here to ensure you have time for gorilla trekking.
3. Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi:
- Join a guided gorilla trekking expedition in Bwindi.
- This unique experience will take you deep into the forest to observe and interact with mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
4. Return to Entebbe and Fly to Maputo, Mozambique:
- Return to Entebbe and catch a flight to Maputo, Mozambique.
- Maputo is the capital of Mozambique and a vibrant city with a mix of African, Portuguese, and Indian influences.
5. Maputo City Exploration:
- Spend a day exploring Maputo’s cultural attractions, such as the Maputo Central Market, Fort of Maputo, and the FEIMA Arts and Crafts Market.
6. Transfer to Mozambique’s Coastal Paradise:
- Travel to Mozambique’s stunning coastal areas for your beach holiday. Options include Tofo Beach, Vilankulos, or the Bazaruto Archipelago.
7. Beach Bliss in Mozambique:
- Relax on the beautiful beaches, swim in the crystal-clear waters, and enjoy water sports like snorkeling, diving, and sailing.
- Explore the local culture, try fresh seafood, and enjoy beachfront resorts or boutique lodges.
8. Island Excursions:
- Consider a day trip to the Bazaruto Archipelago for snorkeling, dhow sailing, and exploring pristine islands.
9. Return to Maputo:
- Return to Maputo for your departure flight, allowing for a day to unwind before leaving.
10. Depart from Maputo:
- Depart from Maputo, concluding your fantastic combination of gorilla trekking and beach relaxation.
- Ensure you obtain the necessary permits for gorilla trekking in advance, as they are limited and can sell out quickly.
- Check visa requirements for both Uganda and Mozambique and obtain the necessary visas.
- Plan your trip during the dry season in both Uganda and Mozambique to maximize wildlife viewing and beach enjoyment.
This itinerary combines the best of Uganda’s gorilla trekking adventure with Mozambique’s beautiful beaches, offering a diverse and memorable African experience.
How is visiting gorillas in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park?
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest is done in 4 sectors which include Buhoma, Ruhija, Nkuringo and Rushaga. Buhoma sector is located in the northern part of Bwindi and Ruhija sector in the North Eastern part of Bwindi both sectors are located close to Queen Elizabeth National Park making it easy to combine gorilla trekking with game viewing if you are trekking at these sectors. In the southern Part of Bwindi it is where Rushaga and Nkuringo sectors are located close to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park for gorilla trekking and Golden monkey tracking. Each sector has different habituated mountain gorilla families open for gorilla trekking with Rushaga sector having many families compared to other sectors.
How much is visiting gorillas in Uganda
A Gorilla Permit costs USD700 per person per trek for Foreign Non-Residents, USD600 for East African Residents and USD70 for East African Citizens. This Gorilla permit gives you an opportunity to spend one hour encounter with mountain gorillas in Bwindi forest once you find them on your trek. A 3 Day Uganda gorilla trekking from Rwanda costs USD1290 per person all inclusive.
How to book visiting gorillas in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
You will need to secure your gorilla permit in advance to confirm you have booked Uganda gorilla trekking. Gorilla trekking permits are purchased from Uganda Wildlife Authority, this can be done at their headquarters in Kampala or Kisoro for tourists arriving in Uganda through Entebbe it is recommended to purchase their gorilla permits from Kampala and for tourists arriving in Uganda through Kigali they can purchase their permits at the branch headquarter of Uganda Wildlife Authority in Kisoro town which is 1-2 hours drive to Bwindi. Eco Adventure Safaris is one of the best gorilla safari companies which can purchase for you your gorilla permit in advance and on short notice, once you confirm your dates and share them with us via email or WhatsApp we will first tentatively reserve the gorilla permits for you online and then send you an invoice for you to make payment and once money comes through on our account we will purchase your gorilla permits immediately and send you scan copies of your permits for your records and perusal and this will confirm you have purchase your gorilla permits for your gorilla
What to park for this safari Combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Mozambique Beach Holiday
You might be probably wondering what to wear for your gorilla trek in Uganda and beach holiday in Mozambique, below is a compiled list on what to wear;
- A long armed sweater since the park gets cold
- 2 pairs of long trousers
- Water proof hiking boots
- A hat and sun glasses depending on the weather though this is optional
- Cameras and long lasting batteries since photography are very important to keep your memories alive. Always remember to keep our flash off.
- A pair of Binoculars. This will help you to see the vast birds Bwindi impenetrable forest has among other primates
- Gardening Gloves; these will help you when you a holding onto trees are branches through the trek.
- A rain coat; Since Bwindi impenetrable forest is rainforest, the rain is unpredictable so to be on a safer side, you will be required to carry along a coat.
- A mosquito Repellent; since it is a forest, it has different dangerous insects so its advisable to carry it along or wear it
- A sun screen; Well this is optional but depending on the season, it might get too hot and you end up getting sun burns on your skin so to avoid that, you will need a sun screen.
- You should not wear very bright colors since this will charge or scare away the gorillas.
- Black and Blue colors are also not recommended since they attract Tsetse flies So I would recommend neutral colors.
Where to stay during visiting gorillas in Uganda
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest National Park is done in the northern part that is Buhoma and Ruhija and in southern part that is Rushaga and Nkuringo sectors. In Rushaga lodges, you can stay at Rushaga Gorilla camp, Four Gorillas Lodge, Rushaga Gorilla Havens Lodge, Nsongi Camp, Icumbi Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Valley Lodge and Karungi Camp. In Nkuringo lodges you can stay at Nkuringo Bwindi gorilla lodge, Clouds Mountain gorilla lodge or Lake Mutanda Resort, all these lodges are close to the start point of Gorilla Habituation and Gorilla trekking.
In the northern part, in Buhoma sector you can stay at Buhoma Lodge, Bwindi Lodge, Buhoma Community Rest Camp, Ride 4 a Woman among others, In Ruhija you can stay at Trekkers Tavern Cottages, Agandi Eco Lodge, Gift of Nature Lodge, Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge, and Broadbill Tented Camp among others.
Why book this safari Through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator in Uganda, we take pride in customizing tailor made Gorilla trekking in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Including Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali Rwanda. We have a very diligent and trust worthy team. Your queries are answered within 20minutes by our team of professional tour consultants. These consultants will make you a travel plan for you, answer to all your questions and make sure all your services are booked in advance for you to avoid inconveniences. We also have very knowledgeable safari guides depending on your language preferences. Contact us here about Combining Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with Mozambique Beach Holiday.