Gorilla Tour from Kampala with pick up from Bus StationSeptember 4, 2023
Which country has an easier Gorilla Trek Uganda or RwandaSeptember 4, 2023
Combining gorilla trekking in Uganda with a safari in Malawi is the best safari itinerary for one looking for an incredible and diverse African adventure. This trip will take you to Uganda to see the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park after you will fly to Malawi for the Big 5 safari.
Here’s a suggested itinerary Combining gorilla trekking in Uganda with a safari in Malawi:
Day 1-3: Arrival in Entebbe, Uganda
- Arrive in Entebbe, Uganda.
- Spend a day relaxing and adjusting to the time zone.
- Explore Entebbe’s botanical gardens and wildlife conservation centers.
Day 4-6: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda
- Travel to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park.
- Embark on a thrilling gorilla trekking adventure, spending a day with these magnificent creatures.
- Explore the lush forest and enjoy nature walks in the area.
Day 7: Return to Entebbe
- Travel back to Entebbe.
Day 8: Fly to Lilongwe, Malawi
- Take a flight from Entebbe to Lilongwe, Malawi.
Day 9-11: Liwonde National Park, Malawi
- Head to Liwonde National Park for a classic safari experience.
- Enjoy game drives, boat safaris, and the chance to spot elephants, hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species.
- Stay in a comfortable safari lodge.
Day 12-14: Lake Malawi
- Drive to Lake Malawi, one of Africa’s Great Lakes.
- Spend your days relaxing on the beautiful beaches, swimming, snorkeling, and enjoying water activities.
- Explore nearby villages and markets to experience local culture.
Day 15-17: Majete Wildlife Reserve, Malawi
- Travel to Majete Wildlife Reserve, known for its successful conservation efforts.
- Go on game drives to see the Big Five and other wildlife.
- Enjoy guided nature walks and birdwatching.
Day 18: Return to Lilongwe
- Drive back to Lilongwe and spend your final night in Malawi.
Day 19: Departure
- Depending on your flight schedule, you may have some time to explore Lilongwe before departing.
This itinerary provides a well-rounded experience, combining the awe-inspiring encounter with mountain gorillas in Uganda with the diverse wildlife and stunning landscapes of Malawi. Make sure to check visa requirements, vaccination recommendations, and any travel restrictions before planning your trip you can do this through a local Tour Operator Eco Adventure Safaris. Additionally, consider the best times for gorilla trekking (usually during the dry seasons from June to August) and the ideal safari season in Malawi, which is generally during the dry winter months.
Best Time to visit Malawi
The best time to visit Malawi is during the drier months from early May to late October. This is a cooler time of year with sunny days, pleasant evenings, and perfect temperatures. It’s a cooler time of year, with bright sunshine, lush green landscapes, fresh evenings, and temperatures anywhere between 64°F and 91°F.
How much is visiting gorillas in Uganda
A Gorilla Permit costs USD700 per person per trek for Foreign Non-Residents, USD600 for East African Residents and USD70 for East African Citizens. This Gorilla permit gives you an opportunity to spend one hour encounter with mountain gorillas in Bwindi forest once you find them on your trek. A 3 Day Uganda gorilla trekking from Rwanda costs USD1290 per person all inclusive.
How to book visiting gorillas in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
You will need to secure your gorilla permit in advance to confirm you have booked Uganda gorilla trekking. Gorilla trekking permits are purchased from Uganda Wildlife Authority, this can be done at their headquarters in Kampala or Kisoro for tourists arriving in Uganda through Entebbe it is recommended to purchase their gorilla permits from Kampala and for tourists arriving in Uganda through Kigali they can purchase their permits at the branch headquarter of Uganda Wildlife Authority in Kisoro town which is 1-2 hours drive to Bwindi. Eco Adventure Safaris is one of the best gorilla safari companies which can purchase for you your gorilla permit in advance and on short notice, once you confirm your dates and share them with us via email or WhatsApp we will first tentatively reserve the gorilla permits for you online and then send you an invoice for you to make payment and once money comes through on our account we will purchase your gorilla permits immediately and send you scan copies of your permits for your records and perusal and this will confirm you have purchase your gorilla permits for your gorilla
What to park for this safari Combining gorilla trekking in Uganda with a safari in Malawi
You might be probably wondering what to wear for your gorilla trek in Uganda and beach holiday in Mozambique, below is a compiled list on what to wear;
- A long armed sweater since the park gets cold
- 2 pairs of long trousers
- Water proof hiking boots
- A hat and sun glasses depending on the weather though this is optional
- Cameras and long lasting batteries since photography are very important to keep your memories alive. Always remember to keep our flash off.
- A pair of Binoculars. This will help you to see the vast birds Bwindi impenetrable forest has among other primates
- Gardening Gloves; these will help you when you a holding onto trees are branches through the trek.
- A rain coat; Since Bwindi impenetrable forest is rainforest, the rain is unpredictable so to be on a safer side, you will be required to carry along a coat.
- A mosquito Repellent; since it is a forest, it has different dangerous insects so its advisable to carry it along or wear it
- A sun screen; Well this is optional but depending on the season, it might get too hot and you end up getting sun burns on your skin so to avoid that, you will need a sun screen.
- You should not wear very bright colors since this will charge or scare away the gorillas.
- Black and Blue colors are also not recommended since they attract Tsetse flies So I would recommend neutral colors.
Where to stay during visiting gorillas in Uganda
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest National Park is done in the northern part that is Buhoma and Ruhija and in southern part that is Rushaga and Nkuringo sectors. In Rushaga lodges, you can stay at Rushaga Gorilla camp, Four Gorillas Lodge, Rushaga Gorilla Havens Lodge, Nsongi Camp, Icumbi Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Safari Lodge, Gorilla Valley Lodge and Karungi Camp. In Nkuringo lodges you can stay at Nkuringo Bwindi gorilla lodge, Clouds Mountain gorilla lodge or Lake Mutanda Resort, all these lodges are close to the start point of Gorilla Habituation and Gorilla trekking.
In the northern part, in Buhoma sector you can stay at Buhoma Lodge, Bwindi Lodge, Buhoma Community Rest Camp, Ride 4 a Woman among others, In Ruhija you can stay at Trekkers Tavern Cottages, Agandi Eco Lodge, Gift of Nature Lodge, Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge, and Broadbill Tented Camp among others.
Why book this safari Combining gorilla trekking in Uganda with a safari in Malawi Through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator in Uganda, we take pride in customizing tailor made Gorilla trekking in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Including Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali Rwanda. We have a very diligent and trust worthy team. Your queries are answered within 20minutes by our team of professional tour consultants. These consultants will make you a travel plan for you, answer to all your questions and make sure all your services are booked in advance for you to avoid inconveniences. We also have very knowledgeable safari guides depending on your language preferences. Contact us here about Combining gorilla trekking in Uganda with a safari in Malawi.