Gorilla Trekking in Congo Starting and ending in BujumburaSeptember 7, 2023
Things to do in CyanguguSeptember 8, 2023
Are you planning a trip to Africa and are interested in seeing the Mountain Gorillas in Rwanda and the famous Victoria Falls, then Combining gorilla Trekking in Rwanda with Zimbabwe Safari is the best safari for you to book, This safari is full of diversity and will create unforgettable African adventure for you. Here’s a suggested itinerary for combining Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda with Zimbabwe Safari:
Duration: 10-14 days (adjustable based on your preferences)
Day 1-3: Arrival in Kigali, Rwanda
- Arrive in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda.
- Spend a day exploring the city, visiting the Genocide Memorial, and learning about Rwanda’s history.
- Overnight in Kigali.
Day 4-6: Rwanda Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
- Drive to Volcanoes National Park in the northern part of Rwanda.
- Go gorilla trekking, where you’ll have the opportunity to observe these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
- Spend a few days exploring the park and participating in other activities like golden monkey tracking or visiting local villages.
- Overnight stays in Volcanoes National Park.
Day 7: Return to Kigali
- Drive back to Kigali.
- Overnight in Kigali.
Day 8: Fly to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Take a flight from Kigali to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.
- Upon arrival, check into your accommodation.
- Spend the afternoon exploring the town and getting a first glimpse of the stunning Victoria Falls.
- Overnight in Victoria Falls.
Day 9-11: Zimbabwe Safari in Hwange National Park
- Drive or fly to Hwange National Park, one of Zimbabwe’s premier safari destinations.
- Enjoy game drives, bush walks, and wildlife viewing in Hwange, known for its diverse range of animals, including elephants, lions, and more.
- Spend three days exploring the park and enjoying the natural beauty of Zimbabwe’s wilderness.
- Overnight stays in Hwange National Park.
Day 12: Transfer to Lake Kariba
- Depart Hwange National Park and head to Lake Kariba.
- Enjoy a relaxing day by the lake, taking boat cruises, fishing, or just unwinding by the water.
- Overnight near Lake Kariba.
Day 13: Explore Lake Kariba
- Continue your exploration of Lake Kariba with activities like wildlife viewing, bird watching, or a visit to the nearby Matusadona National Park.
- Overnight near Lake Kariba.
Day 14: Departure
- Depending on your flight schedule, you may have some free time in the morning.
- Depart from Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, or extend your stay as desired.
This itinerary combining Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda with Zimbabwe Safari combines the unique experience of gorilla trekking in Rwanda with the thrilling wildlife encounters of a Zimbabwe safari. You can customize the duration and specific activities to fit your interests and preferences. Be sure to check the latest travel advisories and requirements with Eco Adventure Safaris for both Rwanda and Zimbabwe before planning your trip, as they may change over time.
How much is a Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
The Gorilla permit price shares a much more cost for any Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda on top of other services like transport, accommodation and guiding. A gorilla permit costs USD1500 for the Foreign nonresident, USD500 for the foreign resident and USD200 for the East African Citizen per person per trek, this gorilla permit gives you an opportunity to spend one hour encounter with the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park. On top of the gorilla permit you will also pay other services for a successful gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda which include transport, accommodation and guiding. Our 3 Day Gorilla trekking Safari in Rwanda all inclusive costs USD2700 per person sharing in a group of 2, USD3100 for a solo traveler, USD2600 for 3 people per person sharing and USD2500 for 4 people per person sharing.
What is the Best Time to book a Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda?
Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda is best done in the months of June to October and December to March during this time it is a dry season in Rwanda with mild rainfall making it easy for the treks in Volcanoes National park for gorilla trekking, as well during this time the vegetation is not fully grown and it is easy for creating trails and viewing the mountain gorillas offering great sights for photographs. During the other months of April, May and November which is normally a wet season this makes the vegetations grow high making the sightings unclear However during this time the treks tend to be shorter given the fact mountain gorillas don’t move further distances looking for food, food is readily available. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda can be done throughout the year given the fact it is a very well organized activity and you have 99% chances of seeing the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park.
Where to stay during your Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
Accommodation in Volcanoes National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Sabinyo Silverback Lodge, Bisate Lodge, Virunga Volcanoes Lodge, Five Volcanoes Hotels and Mountain Gorillas’ Nest Lodge. The price ranges from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night.
The Midrange lodge options at Volcanoes National Park include Mountain Gorilla View Lodge and Lebambou Gorilla Lodge, Davinci Lodge. For budget accommodation in Volcanoes National Park the options are many from basic accommodation to camping which include Kinigi Hotel, Hotel Muhabura, Gorilla Solution Lodge, Villa Gorilla, Virunga Hotel, Faraji Hotel and La Palme Hotel or Home Inn.
How to get to Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes National Park can be best accessed by road; the drive from Kigali town is just 2-3 hours drive to Volcanoes National Park. Your driver guide will meet you for a short briefing at the designated hotel then set off to the park through the beautiful sceneries of the 1000 hills of Rwanda giving you an opportunity for a stop for photographs and sightseeing.
Why Book Through Eco Adventure Safaris combining Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda with Zimbabwe Safari?
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator that helps in booking Uganda and Rwanda gorilla tours. Our team has expertise in adventure Tour/Safaris Operations in Uganda Tour African Safaris, Tanzania African safaris, Kenya Tours Safaris, Rwanda African Safaris, Congo DRC African Safaris, and Zanzibar Safaris that run in the respective destinations hence detailing about us. Meanwhile, we operate in the other popular East African destinations of Kenya and Tanzania through partnerships that we have established with highly regarded and like-minded local tour operators. We organize private tours for individuals and also offer ground handling for travel companies and agents from around the world. We are very passionate about Eco-tourism and preserving nature and so our tours are organized in a way that respects the environment and local cultures. Contact us here about booking a safari combining Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda with Zimbabwe Safari.