Great Wildebeest Migration Photography Safaris 2024-2025September 10, 2023
1 Day Safari to Lake Mburo National Park from KampalaSeptember 12, 2023
Combine Rwanda Gorilla Trekking with a Malawi Safari is one of the best can create a diverse and memorable African adventure. Here’s a suggested itinerary for this incredible safari in Africa.
Duration: 12-14 days (flexible)
Day 1-2: Arrival in Kigali, Rwanda
- Arrive in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda.
- Spend your first day acclimating and exploring the city.
- Visit the Genocide Memorial Centre to learn about Rwanda’s history.
Day 3-5: Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
- Travel to Volcanoes National Park, home to mountain gorillas.
- Spend three days trekking to observe these magnificent creatures.
- Local guides will lead you on the treks and provide valuable insights.
Day 6: Return to Kigali
- Return to Kigali after your gorilla trekking adventure.
- Relax and enjoy the evening in the city.
Day 7: Fly to Lilongwe, Malawi
- Take a flight from Kigali to Lilongwe, Malawi’s capital.
- Spend the day exploring Lilongwe and preparing for your safari.
Day 8-10: Safari in Liwonde National Park
- Drive or fly to Liwonde National Park.
- Enjoy game drives, boat safaris, and walking safaris.
- Look for elephants, hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species.
Day 11-12: Explore Lake Malawi
- Travel to Lake Malawi, one of Africa’s Great Lakes.
- Relax on the sandy beaches, swim, snorkel, and kayak.
- Explore local fishing villages and interact with the friendly people.
Day 13: Return to Lilongwe
- Return to Lilongwe for your departure or spend one more night.
Day 14: Departure
- Depart from Lilongwe and head home or continue your African adventure.
- If you have more time, you can explore other national parks and wildlife reserves in Malawi, such as Majete Wildlife Reserve or Nyika National Park.
- Consider extending your stay in Rwanda to visit Akagera National Park for a more traditional safari experience.
- For a beach getaway, you can also consider including a visit to the stunning beaches of Zanzibar, Seychelles, or Mauritius, which are not too far from East Africa.
How much is a Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
The Gorilla permit price shares a much more cost for any Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda on top of other services like transport, accommodation and guiding. A gorilla permit costs USD1500 for the Foreign nonresident, USD500 for the foreign resident and USD200 for the East African Citizen per person per trek, this gorilla permit gives you an opportunity to spend one hour encounter with the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park. On top of the gorilla permit you will also pay other services for a successful gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda which include transport, accommodation and guiding. Our 3 Day Gorilla trekking Safari in Rwanda all inclusive costs USD2700 per person sharing in a group of 2, USD3100 for a solo traveler, USD2600 for 3 people per person sharing and USD2500 for 4 people per person sharing.
What is the Best Time to book a Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda?
Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda is best done in the months of June to October and December to March during this time it is a dry season in Rwanda with mild rainfall making it easy for the treks in Volcanoes National park for gorilla trekking, as well during this time the vegetation is not fully grown and it is easy for creating trails and viewing the mountain gorillas offering great sights for photographs. During the other months of April, May and November which is normally a wet season this makes the vegetations grow high making the sightings unclear however during this time the treks tend to be shorter given the fact mountain gorillas don’t move further distances looking for food, food is readily available. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda can be done throughout the year given the fact it is a very well organized activity and you have 99% chances of seeing the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park.
Where to stay during your Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
Accommodation in Volcanoes National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Sabinyo Silverback Lodge, Bisate Lodge, Virunga Volcanoes Lodge, Five Volcanoes Hotels and Mountain Gorillas’ Nest Lodge. The price ranges from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night.
The Midrange lodge options at Volcanoes National Park include Mountain Gorilla View Lodge and Lebambou Gorilla Lodge, Davinci Lodge. For budget accommodation in Volcanoes National Park the options are many from basic accommodation to camping which include Kinigi Hotel, Hotel Muhabura, Gorilla Solution Lodge, Villa Gorilla, Virunga Hotel, Faraji Hotel and La Palme Hotel or Home Inn.
How to get to Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes National Park can be best accessed by road; the drive from Kigali town is just 2-3 hours drive to Volcanoes National Park. Your driver guide will meet you for a short briefing at the designated hotel then set off to the park through the beautiful sceneries of the 1000 hills of Rwanda giving you an opportunity for a stop for photographs and sightseeing.
Why Book Through Eco Adventure Safaris Combine Rwanda Gorilla Trekking with a Malawi Safari
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator that helps in booking Uganda and Rwanda Gorillas tours. Our team has expertise in adventure Tour/Safaris Operations in Uganda Tour African Safaris, Tanzania African safaris, Kenya Tours Safaris, Rwanda African Safaris, Congo DRC African Safaris, and Zanzibar Safaris that run in the respective destinations hence detailing about us. Meanwhile, we operate in the other popular East African destinations of Kenya and Tanzania through partnerships that we have established with highly regarded and like-minded local tour operators.
We organize private tours for individuals and also offer ground handling for travel companies and agents from around the world. We are very passionate about Eco-tourism and preserving nature and so our tours are organized in a way that respects the environment and local cultures. Contact us here about booking a safari Combine Rwanda Gorilla Trekking with a Malawi Safari.