5 Days Gorilla Trekking in DR Congo and UgandaJanuary 6, 2024
What else to do after Gorilla Trekking in DR CongoJanuary 10, 2024
Combine Hiking Mountain Kilimanjaro with a Gorilla trek in Rwanda is safari for those interested in hiking Kilimanjaro Mountain in Tanzania after fly to Kigali, Rwanda to trek mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park.
How to Combine Hiking Mountain Kilimanjaro with Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda, You will need to book a flight that arrives at Kilimanjaro International Airport. Here’s a suggested itinerary for combining hiking Mountain Kilimanjaro with a Gorilla trek in Rwanda:
Duration: Approximately 12-14 days
Day 1-3: Arrival in Tanzania
- Fly into Kilimanjaro International Airport or Arusha, Tanzania.
- Spend a day or two acclimatizing to the altitude, exploring Arusha, and preparing for your Kilimanjaro hike.
- Arrange your trekking permits, hire a guide and porters, and ensure you have all necessary equipment.
Day 4-9: Kilimanjaro Hike
- Begin your trek up Mount Kilimanjaro, which typically takes 6-7 days to complete.
- Choose your preferred route (Machame, Marangu, Lemosho, Rongai, or others) based on your experience and preferences.
- Summit Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa, and enjoy breathtaking views along the way.
- Descend the mountain and celebrate your achievement.
Day 10-11: Rest and Travel to Rwanda
- Rest and recover in Arusha or Moshi after your Kilimanjaro adventure.
- Fly from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Kigali, Rwanda. The flight duration is approximately 2 hours.
Day 12-13: Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda
- Drive from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park in the northern part of Rwanda.
- Obtain permits for gorilla trekking (ensure you book in advance as permits are limited).
- Embark on a guided gorilla trekking experience in the park. Spend an unforgettable hour observing a gorilla family in their natural habitat.
- Optionally, explore the beautiful surroundings, visit the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, or take part in community-based activities.
Day 14: Departure
- Return to Kigali for your departure flight or continue with additional activities or extensions to your trip.
- Make sure to arrange your permits for Kilimanjaro and gorilla trekking well in advance as they are subject to availability.
- Consult with a tour operator to plan and organize your trekking experiences and transportation between Tanzania and Rwanda.
- Pack appropriate clothing and gear for both high-altitude hiking and gorilla trekking, including warm layers, rain gear, and sturdy hiking boots.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and altitude-related challenges.
- Respect the environment and wildlife during both experiences by following guidelines provided by your guides.
How much is a Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
The Gorilla permit price shares a much more cost for any Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda on top of other services like transport, accommodation and guiding. A gorilla permit costs USD1500 for the Foreign nonresident, USD500 for the foreign resident and USD200 for the East African Citizen per person per trek, this gorilla permit gives you an opportunity to spend one hour encounter with the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park. On top of the gorilla permit you will also pay other services for a successful gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda which include transport, accommodation and guiding.
What is the Best Time to book a Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda?
Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda is best done in the months of June to October and December to March during this time it is a dry season in Rwanda with mild rainfall making it easy for the treks in Volcanoes National park for gorilla trekking, as well during this time the vegetation is not fully grown and it is easy for creating trails and viewing the mountain gorillas offering great sights for photographs. During the other months of April, May and November which is normally a wet season this makes the vegetations grow high making the sightings unclear however during this time the treks tend to be shorter given the fact mountain gorillas don’t move further distances looking for food, food is readily available. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda can be done throughout the year given the fact it is a very well organized activity and you have 99% chances of seeing the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park.
Where to stay during your Gorilla Trekking Safari in Rwanda
Accommodation in Volcanoes National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Sabinyo Silverback Lodge, Bisate Lodge, Virunga Volcanoes Lodge, Five Volcanoes Hotels and Mountain Gorillas’ Nest Lodge. The price ranges from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night.
The Midrange lodge options at Volcanoes National Park include Mountain Gorilla View Lodge and Lebambou Gorilla Lodge, Davinci Lodge. For budget accommodation in Volcanoes National Park the options are many from basic accommodation to camping which include Kinigi Hotel, Hotel Muhabura, Gorilla Solution Lodge, Villa Gorilla, Virunga Hotel, Faraji Hotel and La Palme Hotel or Home Inn.
How to get to Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes National Park can be best accessed by road; the drive from Kigali town is just 2-3 hours drive to Volcanoes National Park. Your driver guide will meet you for a short briefing at the designated hotel then set off to the park through the beautiful sceneries of the 1000 hills of Rwanda giving you an opportunity for a stop for photographs and sightseeing.
Why Book Through Eco Adventure Safaris Combine Hiking Mountain Kilimanjaro with Gorilla trekking in Rwanda
Eco Adventure Safaris is a local tour operator that helps in booking Uganda and Rwanda gorilla tours. Our team has expertise in adventure Tour/Safaris Operations in Uganda Tour African Safaris, Tanzania African safaris, Kenya Tours Safaris, Rwanda African Safaris, Congo DRC African Safaris, and Zanzibar Safaris that run in the respective destinations hence detailing about us. Meanwhile, we operate in the other popular East African destinations of Kenya and Tanzania through partnerships that we have established with highly regarded and like-minded local tour operators.
We organize private tours for individuals and also offer ground handling for travel companies and agents from around the world. We are very passionate about Eco-tourism and preserving nature and so our tours are organized in a way that respects the environment and local cultures. Contact us here about booking a safari to Combine Hiking Mountain Kilimanjaro with a Gorilla trek in Rwanda.