How far is Kahuzi Biega National Park from Kigali?January 22, 2024
What is the best season to come see the Gorillas in Africa?January 22, 2024
Combine 7 Days Kilimanjaro Hike with Gorilla Trekking in Uganda, Combining a 7-day Kilimanjaro hike via the Lemosho route with gorilla trekking in Uganda is an incredible adventure offering a diverse range of experiences from hiking through the stunning landscapes of Kilimanjaro to encountering the endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. Here’s a suggested itinerary for Combine 7 Days Kilimanjaro Hike with Gorilla Trekking in Uganda:
Day 1-3: Arrive in Tanzania and Start the Kilimanjaro Hike via the Lemosho Route
- Day 1: Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport in Tanzania and transfer to your hotel in Moshi or Arusha.
- Day 2: Begin your 7-day Kilimanjaro hike via the Lemosho route. The Lemosho route is known for its scenic beauty and relatively low crowds. You’ll start your trek through lush rainforests.
- Day 3: Continue your trek, gradually gaining elevation as you move through the montane forest zone. You’ll likely camp at Shira 1 Camp.
Day 4-7: Kilimanjaro Ascent
- Day 4-6: Continue your ascent through various ecological zones, including the Shira Plateau, Barranco Wall, and Karanga Valley, until you reach Barafu Camp.
- Day 7: Summit day! Start very early in the morning to reach the Uhuru Peak, the highest point on Kilimanjaro. Descend to Mweka Camp for the night.
Day 8: Complete Kilimanjaro Hike and Return to Arusha
- Day 8: Descend from Mweka Camp to the Mweka Gate, where you’ll complete your Kilimanjaro hike. Transfer back to your hotel in Arusha or Moshi for a well-deserved rest.
Day 9-11: Travel to Uganda and Begin Gorilla Trekking
- Day 9: Fly from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Entebbe International Airport in Uganda.
- Stay a night in Entebbe or From Entebbe, transfer to Kampala or directly to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, where you’ll start your gorilla trekking adventure.
- Day 10: Begin your gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. Trek through the dense jungle to locate and observe the mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. After the trek, return to your lodge for the night.
- Day 11: If you have a second gorilla trekking permit or desire, you can undertake another trek in a different gorilla group or opt for other activities such as bird watching or nature walks in Bwindi Forest.
Day 12: Return Home
- Day 12: Depending on your flight schedule, either return to Entebbe/Kampala for your international departure or spend additional time exploring Uganda’s attractions.
Ensure you have the necessary permits for both Kilimanjaro and gorilla trekking well in advance through Eco Adventure Safaris. Additionally, consider your physical fitness and acclimatization for Kilimanjaro, as it is a challenging hike with high altitudes.
About Bwindi the best place for gorilla trekking in Uganda
Bwindi Forest National Park is located in the southern part of Uganda sharing a border with Congo, it is one of the only two national parks in Uganda where you can trek and see the magnificent Mountain Gorillas in their natural habitat in the world, it is home to more than half of the only remaining Mountain Gorillas in the wild making it famous and best place to trek the Mountain Gorillas. Bwindi Forest National Park is divided into different sections/sectors where you can do the Gorilla tracking experience namely Rushaga, Buhoma, and Ruhija and Nkuringo sector. Bwindi Forest National Park has different habituated gorilla families open for gorilla tracking experience, each gorilla family has different gorilla individuals, and each gorilla family is headed and controlled by the dominant male gorilla the silver back. For you to go on the trek, you are required to have a Gorilla permit valid for trekking that day. Gorilla permits are limited in number per day given it is only 8 people allowed to trek per gorilla family per day in Bwindi Forest National Park.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has four gorilla trekking regions namely Ruhija, Buhoma and Rushaga gorilla regions of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Gorilla trekking means visiting the gorillas in their natural habitat in the forest, the trek in Uganda starts at 7:00am with briefing on the dos and don’ts while moving in the forest and with the gorillas. After briefing, the park guides, rangers, and trackers lead you to the forest to find the gorillas. You are allowed one hour of viewing the gorillas when found and later you return to the starting point to receive a certificate for the successful gorilla trekking in Uganda.
The gorillas are amazing to watch as they have 95% of the human DNA. Only eight visitors allowed to see gorillas per habituated family per day according to Uganda wildlife Authority policy so as to conserve the gorillas. To be allowed to do gorilla trekking, you must be aged 12 years and above as per the policy and minors are not allowed to trek since they may not easy be controlled in the forest and may easily transmit diseases to the gorillas. Uganda is good for gorilla trekking, policies and guidelines are in place for trekking and conservation which as Eco Adventure Safaris we always share with you while planning your 3 day gorilla tour to Bwindi National Park with a fair price.
What is the cost of gorilla trekking in Uganda?
The Uganda gorilla permit costs USD700 per person for Non-Foreign Residents, USD600 for Foreign Residents and Shs.250, 000 for East African Citizens. The gorilla habituation permits costs USD1500 per person for Non- Foreign Residents, USD1000 for Foreign Residents and Uganda Shs. 750,000 per person for East African Citizens. This habituation permits allows you to view the gorillas for four hours once you find them as you see the way they move, feed, rest and live in families.
Where to stay during gorilla trekking in Uganda?
On gorilla trekking in Uganda you will stay at eco lodges depending on the sector where you are going to trek the gorillas. In Rushaga, you can stay at Rushaga gorilla camp, Gorilla safari lodge, four gorillas lodge, in Nkuringo you can stay at Nkuringo Bwindi gorilla lodge, Clouds Mountain gorilla lodge, Gorilla Heights lodge. In Buhoma sector you can stay at Buhoma havens, Buhoma lodge, Bwindi lodge, Buhoma community rest camp. In Ruhija sector you can stay at Trekkers tavern Lodge, Bakiga lodge and Ruhija community Rest camp.
Combine 7 Days Kilimanjaro Hike with Gorilla Trekking in Uganda Through Eco Adventure Safaris
Eco Adventure Safaris offers amazing gorilla safari experiences to Bwindi impenetrable National Park. Contact us on here for our discounted packages and also tailor-made Gorilla trips from Kampala/Entebbe to Bwindi, Cultural experiences. Our magic in organizing authentic experience stems from the fact that we have overtime assembled a team mixed with young and energetic staff guided by well experienced mature managers and directors who are Ugandans and passionate about what they do. Eco Adventure Safaris is highly rated and reviewed on trip Advisor to help you learn on the experiences of the other travelers who have traveled. Contact us here for more information about how to Combine 7 Days Kilimanjaro Hike with Gorilla Trekking in Uganda.