Booking gorilla permits and accommodation in RwandaOctober 11, 2023
Filming in Lwiro Chimpanzee SanctuaryOctober 13, 2023
The Best offer for Gorilla Trekking in Congo is a 3 Day Gorilla Trek in Congo from Kigali, Rwanda to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) for gorilla trekking is certainly an exciting adventure. Here’s a general outline of what you can expect for a gorilla trek in the DRC:
There are 2 trips available for a 3 Day Quick Gorilla Trek in Congo from Kigali that is to see Mountain Gorillas in Virunga National Park or the Eastern Lowland Gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National Park.
Itinerary for 3 Day Quick Gorilla Trek in Congo from Kigali Mountain Gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park from Kigali
Day 1: Kigali to Virunga National Park
- Start your journey in Kigali, Rwanda, which is the closest major city to the Virunga National Park in the DRC.
- You can either arrange a private transfer or join a guided tour that will take you from Kigali to the border crossing with the DRC.
- Complete the necessary immigration procedures at the border, including obtaining a visa for the DRC.
- Once you cross the border, continue the journey to Virunga National Park, which is known for its population of mountain gorillas.
- Reach the park and check into your accommodation.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing and preparing for the gorilla trekking experience.
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Virunga National Park
- Early in the morning, after breakfast, you will meet your guides and trackers who will provide you with a briefing about the gorilla trekking rules and safety guidelines.
- The trackers will lead you into the forest, and the trek can take anywhere from 1 to 6 hours, depending on the location of the gorilla families.
- Once you find the gorillas, you will spend up to one hour observing and admiring them from a safe distance.
- It’s an incredible opportunity to witness these majestic creatures in their natural habitat and learn about their behaviors from the expert guides.
- After the gorilla trek, return to your accommodation and enjoy the evening at your leisure.
Day 3: Return to Kigali
- After breakfast, bid farewell to Virunga National Park and begin your journey back to Kigali.
- Complete the border crossing procedures at the DRC-Rwanda border and continue the drive to Kigali.
- Depending on your preference, you can either be dropped off at your preferred location in Kigali or at the airport for your onward travel.
When it comes to Africa safaris, gorilla trekking with Eco Adventure Safaris in the Democratic Republic of Cong (DRC) has got it all for you to make your dreams come true! In this expedition, you have the opportunity to trek a unique sub-specie of gorilla known as Eastern Lowland Gorilla which is endemic to the DRC.
DEPARTURES AND RETURN
Traveler pickup is offered from Kigali
Returns to original departure point
Itinerary for 3 Day Quick Gorilla Trek in Congo from Kigali Lowland Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega from Kigali
Day 1: Arrival in Bukavu from Kigali
Pick up from Kigali and drive via the Ruzizi Rwanda – DR Congo border. Upon your arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel in Bukavu. Take the rest of the evening unwinding at your hotel.
Drive time 6-7 hours
Overnight at Nediva Hotel Bukavu
Day 2. Eastern Lowland Gorilla trekking
In the morning, you will head for the memorable adventure of trekking the lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National Park. Trekking lowland Gorillas is amazing, lowland Gorillas differ from the mountain gorillas, the lowland gorillas are bigger in size, usually takes 1-4 hours tracking the lowland Gorillas. The lowland Gorillas stay in bigger families as compared to mountain gorillas; you will not regret the safari effort once you meet the amazing Gorillas! Later in the afternoon drive back to your hotel.
Day 3. Return to Kigali and departure
In the morning, you will be brought back to Kigali.
End of the trip
Best offer for Gorilla Trekking in Congo package including 3 days and 2 nights costs
- 2000 USD for one person
- 1600 USD for two people
- 1500 USD for three people
PAYMENT TERMS: This Safari Tour Requires 30% deposit upon booking and the rest to be paid 4 weeks to safari.
VALIDITY: This quotation is valid. Bookings are subject to availability at the time of confirmation.
- An accommodation of 3 nights
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel / airport pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission in the park
- Virunga National Park and Kahuzi Biega National permit
Congolese visa fees (105$)
Travel insurance (accident and sickness)
Covid19 related expenses
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, etc.)
Any cancellation of a booking by a Client, shall be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company. The date on which the Company receives the correspondence (Notification), will determine the cancellation charge, if any.
a) 0% of total tour cost is forfeited for cancellation made 60 days or more before departure.
b) 30% of total tour cost is forfeited for cancellations made between 30 and 59 days before departure.
c) 70% of total tour cost is forfeited for cancellations made fewer (less than 30) days before departure.
Why book 3 Day Quick Gorilla Trek in Congo from Kigali with Eco Adventure Safaris
Eco Adventure Safaris is experienced in organizing amazing gorilla safari experiences to Uganda and Rwanda. We are also highly rated and reviewed on trip Advisor. We combine gorilla trekking safaris with eco-friendly and unforgettable high-end adventure and wildlife safaris that help preserve biodiversity, conserve wildlife and uplift local communities, these include chimpanzee trekking, Big 5 safaris and game viewing, Mountain Hiking, Boat cruises excursions and Cultural encounters to give you a memorable and best African Safari experience including popular and great African safari destinations Tanzania, Kenya, Botswana and Namibia. Feel free to contact us about the Best offer for Gorilla Trekking in Congo.