Trip to Rwanda at the End of the yearJune 18, 2023
Luxury Fly in Safari to visit GorillasJune 18, 2023
A trip to Congo at the end of the year is an exciting and memorable experience for those planning to visit Africa. However, it’s important to note that Congo is a vast country with various regions, and conditions can vary greatly depending on the specific area you plan to visit. It’s crucial to research and plan your trip accordingly to ensure a safe and enjoyable journey. Here are some general considerations and information to keep in mind:
- Visa Requirements: Check the visa requirements for your nationality and ensure you have the necessary documents to enter Congo.
- Safety: Before traveling, research the safety situation in the specific regions you plan to visit. Some areas of Congo, particularly in the eastern part of the country, may have security concerns or travel advisories due to political instability or armed conflicts. Stay informed about the current situation and consider consulting with travel advisories or local authorities.
- Itinerary: Decide which parts of Congo you would like to visit. The country offers diverse attractions, such as the stunning landscapes of Virunga National Park, the vibrant capital city of Kinshasa, or the cultural heritage of the Bas-Congo region. Plan your itinerary accordingly, considering travel time, transportation options, and accommodation availability.
- Health and Vaccinations: Consult with a travel health specialist or your healthcare provider well in advance to receive updated information about recommended vaccinations and health precautions for Congo. Diseases like malaria and yellow fever are prevalent in the region, so take necessary precautions, such as using mosquito repellents and taking antimalarial medication.
- Climate and Packing: Congo has a tropical climate, so be prepared for hot and humid weather. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing, along with appropriate footwear for the terrain you plan to explore. Don’t forget essentials such as sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, and a reusable water bottle.
- Transportation: Depending on your itinerary, you may need to consider different modes of transportation, such as domestic flights, buses, or boats. Research available options, book tickets in advance when necessary, and be prepared for potential delays or changes in schedules.
- Language: The official language of Congo is French, but there are numerous regional languages and dialects spoken throughout the country. Familiarize yourself with some basic French phrases or consider hiring a local guide who can assist with translation.
- Respect Local Customs: Congolese culture is diverse and rich. Respect local customs, traditions, and etiquette during your visit. Learn about the customs of the specific regions you plan to visit to ensure you are mindful of local sensitivities.
- Accommodation and Services: Depending on your destination, the availability of accommodation and services may vary. Major cities like Kinshasa offer a range of hotels, while more remote areas may have limited options. Research and book accommodations in advance to secure your preferred choices.
- Currency and Banking: The official currency of Congo is the Congolese franc (CDF). It’s advisable to carry some local currency for small purchases or in case you encounter areas with limited access to banking services. Credit cards may not be widely accepted, so ensure you have cash on hand.
How is Traveling to Congo?
Congo is located in the tropics and with this it experiences tropical climate and weather throughout the year, both Virunga and Kahuzi Beiga National Parks experience the same weather, with this both national Parks are prone to receiving uncertain rains any time of the day or week, good months to visit Congo for gorilla trekking are dry season months which occurs in the months of December, January, February, June, July, August and September during these months it always easy to walk through the trails which are drier compared to the wet months then as well the vegetations is not fully grown and this makes sighting of gorillas easy and more clear. Other months which are slightly wet that is March, April, May, October and November most travelers avoid visiting gorillas during these months because the vegetation is fully grown and trails are much slippery making the trekking much harder.
For tourists interested in visiting Congo for gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park have a special gorilla trekking offer during the wet season that is low season, during this time the gorilla permit costs USD200 per person per trek during the months from Mid-March to May and Mid-October to Mid-December (15th March to 15th May and 15th October to 15th December every year).
Where to stay in Congo for Gorilla trekking
Accommodations in Virunga National Park.
This ranges from budget, mid-range to luxury. Budget options include Bukima Tented Camp and Kibumba Tented Camp among others fares range from 90-100 dollars a night per person, mid-range options include Tchegera Island Camp and Lulimbi Tented Camp among others fares range from 100-200 dollars a night per person and then Luxury options include Mikeno Lodge fares range from 200-400 dollars a night per person. You let us know the best option that works for you and we will for availability and book you according.
Accommodation in Kahuzi Beiga National Park.
This ranges from budget, mid-range to luxury. Budget options include Hotel Begonias Bukavu, Exodus bukavu, Lake Side Hotel Bukavu among others fares range from 90-100 dollars a night per person, mid-range options include Coco Lodge Bukavu among others fares range from 100-200 dollars a night per person and then Luxury options include L’Orchids Safari Club fares range from 200-400 dollars a night per person. You let us know the best option that works for you and we will for availability and book you according.
How to access Congo?
Gorilla trekking in Congo is done in Kahuzi Beiga National Park and Virunga National Park which are both located in the Eastern Part of Congo. You will fly to Kigali International Airport then connect to Gisenyi town; from Gisenyi town you will cross the Rwanda-Congo boarder to Goma town in DR Congo then drive towards the park headquarters of Kahuzi Beiga National Park and Virunga National Park from where you will do start the gorilla trek from, it is approximately a 2 hours drive from Gisenyi town to reach the park headquarters.
Why book your trip to Congo at the end of the year with Eco Adventure Safaris
Eco Adventure Safaris is experienced in organizing amazing gorilla safari experiences to Uganda and Rwanda. We are also highly rated and reviewed on trip Advisor. We combine gorilla trekking safaris with eco-friendly and unforgettable high-end adventure and wildlife safaris that help preserve biodiversity, conserve wildlife and uplift local communities, these include chimpanzee trekking, Big 5 safaris and game viewing, Mountain Hiking, Boat cruises excursions and Cultural encounters to give you a memorable and best African Safari experience including popular and great African safari destinations Tanzania, Kenya, Botswana and Namibia. Feel free to contact us about Booking a trip to Congo at the end of the year.