Best Gorilla Trekking Tours in Africa 2024-2025August 15, 2023
14 Days Burundi Rwanda – Uganda Cultural & Wildlife TourAugust 15, 2023
A one-week tour of Rwanda is a fantastic opportunity to explore this beautiful and culturally rich East African nation. Rwanda is known for its stunning landscapes, abundant wildlife, and captivating history. Here’s a suggested itinerary for your one-week tour of Rwanda:
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali
- Arrive at Kigali International Airport.
- Check into your accommodation and relax after your journey.
- If time allows, visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial to learn about Rwanda’s tragic history and pay respects to the victims of the 1994 genocide.
Day 2: Kigali City Tour
- Explore Kigali, Rwanda’s capital city.
- Visit the Kandt House Museum of Natural History, the Presidential Palace Museum, and the Kimironko Market.
- Enjoy a traditional Rwandan lunch.
- In the afternoon, take a stroll around the city and visit local art galleries and craft shops.
Day 3: Volcanoes National Park
- Drive to Volcanoes National Park in the northwestern part of Rwanda.
- Enjoy scenic views of the Virunga Mountains.
- Check into your lodge near the park.
- In the afternoon, take a nature walk in the surrounding area or relax at your lodge.
Day 4: Gorilla Trekking
- Early morning start for an unforgettable gorilla trekking experience in Volcanoes National Park.
- Spend time observing and photographing these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
- After the trek, return to your lodge and rest.
Day 5: Golden Monkey Trekking and Lake Kivu
- Embark on a golden monkey trekking expedition in Volcanoes National Park.
- After the trek, have lunch and drive to Lake Kivu, one of Africa’s Great Lakes.
- Arrive at your lakeside accommodation and relax by the water.
Day 6: Lake Kivu
- Enjoy a leisurely day by Lake Kivu.
- Options include boat rides, swimming, and exploring nearby villages.
- Relax on the lake’s beaches and take in the picturesque views.
Day 7: Return to Kigali and Departure
- Drive back to Kigali.
- Visit the Caplaki Craft Village for last-minute souvenir shopping.
- Depending on your flight schedule, you may have time for additional sightseeing or relaxation.
- Depart from Kigali International Airport.
Please note that this is a suggested itinerary, and you can customize it based on your interests and preferences. Rwanda offers a range of activities, from wildlife encounters to cultural experiences, making it an ideal destination for a memorable one-week tour.
There is a variety of activities and attractions you do on A one-week tour of Rwanda depending on your interests and budget. Here below are the Top Rwanda wildlife safari activities to do on Team Building Gorilla Tours in Rwanda;
Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes National Park is found in the northwestern part of Rwanda, it shares borders with Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Uganda and Virunga National Park in DR Congo. The main activities to do in this park during your staff team building in Rwanda include Mountain Gorilla tracking, hiking one of the 5 volcanoes/mountains found in this park which include Karisimbi, Bisoke, Muhabura, Sabinyo and Gahinga, visiting the Dian Fossey Tomb and Research Center, Golden Monkey tracking among others.
Where to stay in Volcanoes National Park
Lodges in Volcanoes National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Sabinyo Silverback Lodge, Bisate Lodge, Virunga Volcanoes Lodge, Five Volcanoes Hotels and Mountain Gorillas’ Nest Lodge. Their price range from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night give you the best time ever during your stay during your gorilla trekking safari in Volcanoes National Park, They have great hospitality, clean rooms, VIP rooms and all have put in place the set SOPs for prevention of the spread of the corona virus and all are ensuring safety and health of their clients.
The Midrange lodge options at Volcanoes National Park include Mountain Gorilla View Lodge and Lebambou Gorilla Lodge, Davinci Lodge. For budge travels the options are many from basic accommodation to camping one can choose from Kinigi Hotel, Hotel Muhabura, Gorilla Solution Lodge, Villa Gorilla, Virunga Hotel, Faraji Hotel and La Palme Hotel or Home Inn.
Safari to Akagera National Park
Akaagera National Park is the only savannah national park in Rwanda. It is home to the Big 5 animals and other animals including zebras, impala, oribi, bushbucks, eland, tsessebe, hippopotamus and crocodiles. During your visit to this park you can do activities which include game drives, boat cruise on river Akagera and community visits.
Where to stay in Akagera National Park
Lodges in Akagera National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include Akagera Game Lodge, Akagera Rhino Lodge and Ruzizi Tented Camp. The prices range from USD200 to USD300 per person per night. Great and best time ever during your stay during your stay in this park. They have great hospitality, clean rooms, VIP rooms and all have put in place the set SOPs for prevention of the spread of the corona virus and all are ensuring safety and health of their clients.
The Midrange lodge options at Akagera National Park include Magashi camp, Dereva Hotel and Akagera Bush Lodge. For budge travelers the options are many from basic accommodation to camping.
Nyungwe Forest National Park
Nyungwe Forest National Park is home to Nyungwe forest the largest and oldest montane forest in Africa. The park is located at the border with DR Congo. It is home to Chimpanzees and other primates, one of the best places to see chimpanzees in Africa. It is described as Rwanda’s primate capital with over 13 species including the L’Hoest’s Monkeys, Dent’s Mona Monkeys, Baboons, Vervet Monkeys, Golden Monkeys, Red-tailed monkeys, Angola Colobus, Silver monkeys, Hamlyn’s Monkeys, Grey-cheeked Managabeys, chimpanzees, black and white colobus. The park also offers a great opportunity for canopy walk only done here in Rwanda. It is also great for bird watching.
Where to stay in Nyungwe Forest National Park
Lodges in Nyungwe Forest National Park range from Budget, mid-range to luxury options, Luxury options include One and Only Nyungwe House. Their price range from USD300 to USD1000 per person per night give you the best time ever during your stay during your safari in Nyungwe Forest National Park, They have great hospitality, clean rooms, VIP rooms and all have put in place the set SOPs for prevention of the spread of the corona virus and all are ensuring safety and health of their clients.
The Midrange lodge options at Nyungwe Forest National Park include Nyungwe Top View Hotel and Gisakura Lodge. For budge travels the options are many from basic accommodation to camping.
What is the best time for A one-week tour of Rwanda?
Rwanda can be visited throughout the year. During Dry season from June to September and December to February every year is the best time to visit Rwanda National parks. The parks can as well be visited all year round and you will be able to see the wildlife, dry seasons offer great sightings of wildlife compared to wet seasons. Mountain Gorilla, Golden Monkey and Chimpanzee trekking is best done in the dry season and birding is best in the wet seasons.
Why book A one-week tour of Rwanda through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris boasts a professional office and field team that takes care of all your requests and inquiries. We are highly recommended on trip advisor and Trust Pilot. Our website is one of the best and most reliable points to help you start preparing for your tour, we have the best and most update information that you can rely on. Eco Adventure Safaris is owned and run by Ugandans who have well explored Uganda for many years and as such, you will be dealing with a team that sells what they know. Please feel free to contact us here about booking A one-week tour of Rwanda.