Which East African Country is best for SafariNovember 13, 2023
Hiking Mount Biega in Kahuzi Biega National ParkNovember 14, 2023
Here is the 7 Days Burundi Tour Itinerary for those interested in spending a week in Burundi, Burundi, often referred to as the “Heart of Africa,” is a small yet culturally rich and scenically beautiful country.
Day 1: Arrival In Bujumbura And overnight at Hotel Club du Lac Tanganyika.
Day 2: Kiganda – Historical Tour- Gishora Drum Sanctuary
After breakfast, you will visit the Teza tea plantations. After, visit Kiganda royal grounds, one of the historical sanctuaries containing all the details about signing the Treaty between Germans and King Mwezi Gisabo who was the traditional ruler during that colonial era. In the afternoon, drive to Gitega. you will visit the Gishora drum sanctuary in the evening. Immerse yourself in Burundi’s traditional music and dance at the Gishora Drum Sanctuary. It’s a sacred site where ancient rituals and performances take place.
Dinner and overnight at Tropitel Hotel Gitega.
Day 3: Gitega National Museum-Karera waterfalls-Agasimbo Dancers
After breakfast, visit the Burundi National Museum, Mushasha catholic village, ancient administrative offices during colonial times, and the Catholic village.
Later, we transfer to Rutana to admire the amazing Karera waterfalls; later, drive to Makamba to visit the “Agasimbo dancers”, a traditional dance found in the southern region of the country, and then transfer to Nyanza-Lac for overnight at East African Hotel.
Day 4: Source Of The River Nile-Bujumbura
After breakfast, visit the Source of the River Nile at Rutovu, a not-so-small forest with a river stream that several researchers, including the BBC, have corroborated to be the Source of the River Nile, the longest river in Africa and second-longest in the world.
Overnight at Hotel Club du Lac Tanganyika.
Day 5: Bujumbura city tour.
After breakfast, you may go for a city tour in Bujumbura to visit the Rusizi National Park where a boat trip is possible to let you explore the hippos and birds in the Rusizi River. You will visit the Explorers Memorial, a huge rock in the Suburbs of Bujumbura commemorating the meeting between explorers Livingstone & Stanley; the Independence hero mausoleum & Unity monument, Belvedere Hill offering a nice of Lake Tanganyika and the city. Overnight at Hotel Club du Lac Tanganyika.
Day 6: Full day in Bujumbura with relaxation at the beach and visiting the areas around Bujumbura. Overnight at Hotel Club du Lac Tanganyika.
Day 7: Relaxation & Departure
This morning, you will relax at the hotel, and later in the afternoon, you will transfer to the airport for check-in and departure flight.
Other Things to Do and See in Burundi during the 7 Days Burundi Tour Itinerary
- Karera Waterfalls: These waterfalls are located near Rutana and are a stunning natural attraction. The lush greenery surrounding the falls adds to their charm.
- Lake Tanganyika: Explore the shores of Lake Tanganyika, one of the African Great Lakes. You can relax on the beaches, take boat trips, and enjoy the scenic views.
- Rusizi National Park: This park is home to various wildlife, including hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species. Take a boat tour along the Rusizi River to witness the natural beauty.
- Bujumbura: Explore the capital city, Bujumbura, where you can visit the Livingstone-Stanley Monument, relax on the shores of Lake Tanganyika, and experience the local markets.
- Ruvubu National Park: Discover the diverse flora and fauna in this national park, known for its grassy plains and swamps. It’s a great destination for birdwatching and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Kibira National Park: Hike through the dense forests of Kibira National Park, which is known for its biodiversity. Keep an eye out for primates, butterflies, and various bird species.
- Mwaro Province: Visit Mwaro Province to see the stunning landscape, including hills, valleys, and traditional villages. It’s a great place to experience the rural life of Burundi.
- Museums and Cultural Centers: Explore museums and cultural centers in Bujumbura, such as the Burundi Geological Museum and the Burundi Museum. These institutions provide insights into the country’s history and culture.
- Local Markets: Wander through local markets like the Bujumbura Central Market to experience the vibrant colors, flavors, and aromas of Burundian cuisine. Don’t forget to try local dishes and interact with the friendly locals.
Our Burundi trips and tours and wildlife safaris are tailor-made and well-crafted to entirely suit your needs and budget. All our Safari packages are all inclusive of best affordable accommodation properties, 4×4 customized Safari vehicles with pop-up roof for your comfort travel and amazing wildlife viewing on your holiday as well as services of a well experienced driver guide, these as well can be customized to match your interests. Eco Adventure Safaris is one of the best ecotourism operators in Africa and with our great experience in organizing amazing tours we are able to offer you the best that African Safaris have to offer while preserving the biodiversity for future generations.
Why Book Tthrough Eco Adventure Safaris the 7 Days Burundi Tour Itinerary
Eco Adventure Safaris will help you book your Burundi day trips and tours contact us and we advise you on the booking process. We as well have different Burundi safari packages ranging from budget, and mid-range to luxury options that we can book for you including the gorilla permits. Feel free to checkout our trip advisor reviews and read from a community of happy satisfied clients. With us, you can be rest assured of a memorable Burundi safari holiday. We are devoted to providing excellent service and customer satisfaction. Our team of excellent tour consultants is always willing to help answer all your safari questions including more information about booking the 7 Days Burundi Tour Itinerary.