Combine Rwanda Gorilla Trekking with a Malawi SafariSeptember 12, 2023
Best Gorilla Lodge for Creating Instagram Reels in BwindiSeptember 12, 2023
A 1 Day Safari to Lake Mburo National Park from Kampala or Entebbe is an exciting adventure, although it’s quite a tight schedule considering the park’s size and the distance from major cities like Kampala or Entebbe. Lake Mburo National Park is known for its diverse wildlife, including zebras, impalas, hippos, and various bird species. Here’s a suggested itinerary for a 1 Day Safari to Lake Mburo National Park from Kampala:
- Early Departure: Begin your day early, ideally leaving Kampala or Entebbe by 5:00 AM to ensure you have ample time for your safari.
- Travel to Lake Mburo: The drive from Kampala or Entebbe to Lake Mburo National Park takes approximately 3-4 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. Make sure to have breakfast before you leave or bring some snacks for the journey.
Mid-Morning: Game Drive
- Arrival at the Park: Arrive at the Lake Mburo National Park gate around 9:00 AM. Pay the park entrance fees and obtain a map if available.
- Game Drive: Start your game drive immediately upon entering the park. You can explore the park’s network of tracks and trails to spot animals like zebras, impalas, buffaloes, hippos, and various bird species. A morning game drive is a great time to see wildlife when they are most active.
Lunch: Picnic or Restaurant
- Lunch: Depending on your preference, you can either bring a picnic lunch and enjoy it at one of the designated picnic sites within the park or head to one of the park’s lodges or restaurants for a meal (e.g., Mihingo Lodge or Lake View Hotel).
Afternoon: Boat Safari or Relaxation
- Boat Safari: In the afternoon, you can take a boat safari on Lake Mburo, which offers an excellent opportunity to see hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of waterbirds. The boat trip typically takes about 2 hours.
Late Afternoon: Departure
- Exit the Park: After your boat safari, you can exit the park and start your journey back to Kampala or Entebbe.
- Return: Expect to arrive back in Kampala or Entebbe in the late evening, around 7:00 PM or later, depending on the traffic and the distance you need to travel.
Please note that this one-day safari is quite packed, and you won’t have much time for extended relaxation or exploring all corners of the park.
What is the cost of activities to do in Lake Mburo National Park?
Guided day Game drives
Wildlife viewing is the most interesting activity to do in Lake Mburo national Park. The Park is endowed with several wildlife species that you see during the Morning and evening game drives, these include; giraffes, buffaloes, elands, waters bucks, antelopes, zebras, oribis, topis , warthogs and sometimes leopard can be spotted. You can opt to do day game drives in morning and afternoon in the Park to increase your chances of seeing the wildlife, this costs USD20 with Park guide per vehicle.
Night Game Drives
A night Game drive in Lake Mburo National Park gives you a chance to see nocturnal animals such as bush baby’s, pottos and depending on luck a leopard though this is very rear. This activity can be arranged will on ground or even in advance. The night game drive can start at 7pm and takes an hour and costs USD30 per vehicle.
Boat cruise on Lake Mburo
Lake Mburo public boat cruise costs USD30, taking a boat trip on the lake is an amazing time, this two hour voyage gives you an opportunity to watch crocodiles and hippos among various water animals including a variety of birds species such as African fish eagles, pelican, king fishers, herons, cormorants, You can as well opt for private cruise and we shall arrange it for you.
Walking Safari in Lake Mburo National Park
The guided Walking Safari coats USD30 in company of Park guides and armed ranger in Lake Mburo National Park, it gives you an opportunity to spend time with savannah animals in this park up-close giving you a great experience like no other great opportunity for photographs and learning about these animals, you will be able to meet the Zebras, Giraffes, Warthogs and Many others.
Guided Forest walk
The small tract of forest on the western side of Lake Mburo is a home to a variety of forest bird species giving more areas for birding which costs USD30. You will walk through the guided tracks as they see different things. You will have a guided forest work and you see lots of bio-diversity like tree species, Monkeys, reptiles and birds.
This is one the most interesting budget activity to do in Lake Mburo national Park, The Horseback safaris operated by Mihingo lodge which is a luxury lodge and you will have an up-close encounter with wildlife in the park. However for this activity you will need to book in advance contact us here given the fact it sells out very quickly racing on horses through the Park, this ranges from USD40 and depends on the hours you spend.
Cultural and community encounter
Lake Mburo national park has communities living in the outskirts of the park boundaries, most of the locals do rare cows and goats, and other domestic animals that kids will like to see and you can plan to visit the community to learn about their traditions, grazing, milking and other African way of life. You can as well visit the igongo cultural Museum to have a cultural touch of the western Uganda culture.
What is the Cost of transportation to Lake Mburo National Park?
The Park can be accessed by road, it is approximately 3-4 hours’ drive each way from either Kampala/ Entebbe. The park can be accessed from various main gates which include Kyanyanshara Gate linking you to Mihingo Lodge, Akagate Gate and Sanga Gate which leads you to Rwakobo Rock Lodge. We do use 4×4 safari vehicles for your whole safari, the vehicles are well serviced, with enough leg room and comfortable. With open roof that are ideal for game viewing while in the Park, Vehicle hire per day range from USD100-150. The transport cost inclusive of Vehicle hire per day, Guides allowance per day, fuel for the whole trip can be shared amongst the Persons travelling with you safari.
You can as well opt to for Flying Safari to Lake Mburo National Park via charter and scheduled flights from Kajjansi and Entebbe International Airport, operators of these route include Aero Link Uganda and Fly Uganda among others. This however needs to be booked in advance given the fact the routing is mostly determined by the number of travelers aboard the flight, their destination and weather. You will fly to the Airstrip in Mbarara and the flight trip is about 45 mins and then you drive to Lake Mburo national park. The flight costs ranges from USD300 per Adult one way.
Why book this 1 Day Safari to Lake Mburo National Park from Kampala Through Eco Adventure Safaris?
Eco Adventure Safaris organizes safari trips to Lake Mburo National Park Combined with many choices of activities as well customized Uganda Safari packages. Our magic in organizing authentic experience stems from the fact that we have over time assembled a team mixed with young and energetic staff guided by well-experienced mature managers and directors who are Ugandans and passionate about what they do. Eco Adventure Safaris is highly rated and reviewed on trip Advisor to help you learn on the experiences of the other travelers who have traveled with us. Contact us here about booking the 1 Day Safari to Lake Mburo National Park from Kampala.